• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quad x16 PCI-E motherboard?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Quad SLI.. sounds like someone needs to look into the benching team... :p

Im not sure if NF200 was around then or even if it gave that many lanes... Doesnt matter much anyway considering the negligable losses from 8x on PCIe2.x+

The reason for building on LGA 775 is I have a spare E8400 and video cards I'd like to put to use for SETI@Home. So I guess even a board with 4 8x 2.0 slots would work. Most boards I have found only supported 3 PCIe slots.

Quad PCI-e mobo for LGA 775

YES! Asus did a P5W64 WS PRO "Wall street Quartet" so you could run up to 16 monitors with a quad Matrox QID LP AF card array or just your box standard nVidia dual head types with DVI-D outputs. Mine works well, however, there are a few caveats:

Make sure there is enough clearance between your cards as they will be withing close proximity to each other. My nVidia 9500GT cards are seperated by 1mm gaps and I have had to ensure that there is sufficient airflow to prevent them exceeding 60 celcius which is easily done.

Old gear by current standards, but I need at least 6 monitors for the work I do at 1600x1200 resolution on each 21" display! :clap:

Back