• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with PXE Win7 Install

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

striker85

I'm rather new to this practice so bear with me...

I have a computer on which I'd like to install Windows7 (I have the disc on my server computer and is shared)

I run tftp server and boot my recipient computer into pxe. tftp loads the wim image that I created using AIK tools. At the command line I am able to verify the computer has received a DHCP address from my router and can ping the server computer.

When I try to map the shared drive I get error 67 (network name can not be found)

I've researched and googled until my fingers got blisters but can't come up with a solution.

Anyone?

EDIT::

I found out I was typing my command wrong and omitted a crucial space. However, my problems aren't over. So I have the cd drive shared and am not using and password protection. However, Net Use is asking for credentials. Huh? I tried my username, admin, public, guest. Nothing works.

Last edited:
Back