• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A Redo.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

As.Is

Registered
I'm redoing my learning experience with OCing. I did the mistake of reading an old and un-detailed guide. Furmark and Kombustor are so intimidating for a first time ocer. Soooo many buttons and empty boxes to fill in with random numbers...

Where would be a good place to start in order to learn how to OC my 4870?

I would start from simple tests like +50MHz, 2-3x 3DMark , +10MHz , 2-3x 3DMark , +10MHz etc.
You don't really need any guide for that. When you hit some max clock that is passing 3DMark just set some MHz less and run tests 5-10 times. At the end it's best to play some games that are crashing faster than any benchmark ;)
Don't use Furmark / Kombustor. This soft is making unreal load that your card will never have while gaming or anything else.

Thanks for responding Woomack. Which version of 3mark should I use? Vantage? And on what settings?

Back