• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

24 volt fans..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

freeagent

Hey guys, I snagged a couple of fans out of 2 ups systems that were discarded at work. @12v they are relatively quiet, and move good air. But they are rated for 24v and I want to move more air.. Is there a way I can double up the voltage safely somehow? I dont want fulltime screamers, so haveing the option to go from 24 back down to 12 would be great! I removed the original plugs on them, since they would not work on standard desktops.. But I still have them if I need em later.

Also, if it helps, I have a fan controller I can use for parts..

It depends on how many amps they want and how many amps of -12v your PSU can cough up.
If the fans want .5a and your PSU can put out .8a, you can use the -12v as "ground" for the fans and you're all set.

It depends on how many amps they want and how many amps of -12v your PSU can cough up.
If the fans want .5a and your PSU can put out .8a, you can use the -12v as "ground" for the fans and you're all set.

Thank you sir :attn:

Back