• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Airgas Price Match - Post Your Receipts

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I tried talking airgas down on my last fill up. No go. The guy won't even waive the hazmat fee anymore. So cost is $65 per 50 liter with tax and hazmat.

Thanks to IMOG's invoice and some nice gentlemen at Airgas, I have another invoice to share. They price-matched IMOG's and didn't seem to care it was a different region. Yay for cheap LN2!

ln2-receipt-50c-per-liter.jpg

All we need is one air gas in each region to price match, and hopefully that will help anyone in any region get good prices. :D

Glad it worked for you Hokie.

According to the guy I was talking to, by the end of the year it shouldn't matter. They're upgrading from their DOS-based system to a nationwide system. Currently if you have an account in IMOG's region, you can't use the same account in my region; you must sign up for a new account. By the end of the year that will change and you can use accounts across regions. With any luck that will make it easier for those with receipts from another region to get the $.50/L price matched. :thup:

Sigh i hate you people and your low ln2 prices :\ Not only do i get stuck paying a ton per litre but i also get bent over for Taxes and a manditory hazmat fee due to county/state regulations. SOOOO stupid.

There is a thread over at hwbot about LN2. It seems that they are negotiating prices with Air Products. There looks to be quite a few locations, and there is on fairly close to me.

Has anyone checked prices there?

The closest one to Raleigh is quite a while away so it's more economical to stick with Airgas. I doubt they'll ever do less than $.50/L, but if there isn't an Airgas close, then by all means give it a try. Never take the first answer either (unless it's $.50/L :) ).

Just did some quick math... This isn't exact as I haven't saved every Airgas receipt, but I have saved most - some time ago I wasn't all that organized and usually tossed them on the floor of the car, then they'd get put in another stack sometime at a later point. The receipts I do have go from March 2011 to last week, though some in between are likely missing, as well as the ones prior to March 2011.

But, with what I have this is the numbers I crunched...

Liters of LN2 billed: 1,653
Price including Tax/Hazmat: $929.80
Price/Liter: 56 cents/Liter

Not exact, but damn thats a lot of LN2 at a pretty good price. :D

At my new airgas location, with my current dewar, I am billed for the following every trip:
Liters of LN2: 150
Price including Tax/Hazmat: $86.01
Price/Liter: 57 cents/Liter

However at this location, they typically don't give me 150L unless I tell them to at least twice. For whatever reason, they have a hard time filling a 150L correctly, so they usually default to giving me something like 100-120L and my gauge isn't all the way to the top - when I tell them to fill it all the way (I have already paid for it at this point), they act annoyed but do it.

Typically lately when doing GPU and CPU at full pot, 40-60L lasts me for a full session 4-8 hours.

Got a price increase from Airgas. They said they were doing price increases across the board and I put forth my best negotiation - which didn't turn out great.

They were trying to murder me originally taking me from 50 cents to 60 cents per liter, which I told them wasn't going to happen. That's a 20% increase, and would cost me $15 extra every fill. I told them often times I'm getting 2 or 3 fills a month, so that'd be an extra $30-45 a month.

So anyways, I ended up at 55 cents/liter - paying $7.50 more per fill. I might check out a different airgas and see if I can get the 50 cents price again. I think there is another in Youngstown that is about the same distance.

This is a depressing read... I can't get 25Ltr for less than $160 :eek:, I wasted my time buying a dewar as I've had it sat in the shed for 6 months and never used it :cry:

That's nuts. If its any consolation, the airgas I have been going to has a machine shop next door - that place pays over $3/Liter. I know that's not quite $6/Liter but...

The best quote I have got is £210 for 180ltr which is good (for me) but the truck brings a 200 ltr stillage that needs fork lifting off the truck :mad: I'm still working on this one but the tank is massive and the neighbours might say something about it sitting in my garage :-/

That's rampable probably - it'd be 25% heavier than my dewar, which is manageable on an 8 ft ramp. A 10ft ramp would make it a bit easier, but gets harder to store probably. But a ramp ($50 wood) and 500LB dolly ($100) add to the cost as well... That sort of cost doesn't really matter if you buy enough LN2, the juice ends up far outweighing anything else. If your garage has a drive with an incline that helps a lot and you can do a shorter ramp if the truck parks low with the end of the ramp higher on the drive.

Alternatively some people suggested to me using an engine hoist, but in looking, I didn't find one with enough vertical height to lift from the top of the tank when it was sitting on an elevated truck bed. (5ft tank+2ft truckbed = about 8ft hoist)

If they require a fork actually, then that doesn't really give you an option.

It's forklift only, as the truck has drop down sides and the stillages are all lined up in special runners with twist locks holding them to the truck body (like a shipping container to a trailer) so they need lifting off vertically from the truck, its my only option to get some LN2 so its my mission to figure something out, but as of yet a decent plan of action has eluded me

Here is the most recent receipt I have for $.50/L. They've price increased me, so the newer receipts are for a larger amount.

IMG_20130117_113406.JPG

Nice Chance!

Only 11 more regions to go!

I need a volunteer with a dewar from one of these regions, other than north central and great lakes, to contact me. Especially if you have multiple airgas locations within reasonable driving distance.

rc.gif

Back