• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Airgas Price Match - Post Your Receipts

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I am in the intermountain region and I would like to get a fill sometime soon. Although with a good price it would be easier.
After I get most of the team cup stuff that I have ready to bench, then perhaps I can start prepping, insulating, and installing o/s.

Two fill plants possibly within driving range for you, but one is a bit over an hour away in Price. If the price was right would it be worth it to you driving there for a fill? Just would like to know for the purposes of negotiation. :D

Couple other options at around 50-80 miles from you, but not as many choices out your way as other places.

I can get $1 liter at the airgas place that is in salt lake (3415 South 700 West store), . The guy said that they truck the Ln2 there and store it in a big tank, so they cannot afford to give it to me any cheaper. I think it usually costs me $56 or so if I remember correctly. (50 liters)

On top of the $1.30 my place can do for small(er) fills, once I get the 150L dewar from Matt's place, I can fill up at $.65/L so I'll post that one as well. The Airgas I went to was HUGE. I'm talking multiple 50ft tall tanks (not just LN2), and 1000's of oxygen tanks in the back. Place was easily sitting on 2-3 acres of property too. So I am assuming they are a producer of LN2 instead of having it trucked in, which explains the price I can get. :thup:

Airgas is a pure rip off!! There prices are twice as high as there competition . These big companies buy little companies out then corner the market and try to rip off every one. I went to the competition Friday and found out my TIG rods were all 1/2 price from what I was paying @ Airgas. Gas; Argon 40. costed me $45.00 @ Air gas & $15.00 and Welding supply. Stick electrode were cheaper every where else. All equipment welders were $200. to $600. dollars cheaper from other vendors. Do Not Waste Your Time with Airgas. AKA National welders. I've been ripped off enough & will never go there again.

I inquired about LN2 the other day at my local airgas. They dont have it on hand but can get it, BUT I have nothing to put it in SO I'm going to get a couple blocks of DICE $5 per block, one block lasts about an hour and a half of benching for me so hell that may be the way to go really I dont need super subzero because i can already bench at 4.3ghz adding DICE will gain me that extra .500mhz thats all I need with this chip!

Airgas is a pure rip off!! There prices are twice as high as there competition . These big companies buy little companies out then corner the market and try to rip off every one. I went to the competition Friday and found out my TIG rods were all 1/2 price from what I was paying @ Airgas. Gas; Argon 40. costed me $45.00 @ Air gas & $15.00 and Welding supply. Stick electrode were cheaper every where else. All equipment welders were $200. to $600. dollars cheaper from other vendors. Do Not Waste Your Time with Airgas. AKA National welders. I've been ripped off enough & will never go there again.

Thank you for your feedback, but we don't really care about welding rods. We're using them strictly for LN2 and most of us have been able to get good prices on it.

Must have missed that post. I'm apparently in the National Welder's region. My receipts for $.50/L are already posted. :thup:

Nice Chance!

Only 11 more regions to go!

I need a volunteer with a dewar from one of these regions, other than north central and great lakes, to contact me. Especially if you have multiple airgas locations within reasonable driving distance.

rc.gif
Picking up a dewar this weekend and may get a fill on the 30th...

I am in the East region... only one fill station local to me. Anything else you need except to scan/upload the receipt?

Must have missed that post. I'm apparently in the National Welder's region. My receipts for $.50/L are already posted. :thup:

From my session this past weekend, I paid $1.50 /L. The guy LOL'd at my .50c /L and I LOL'd at his $2.30 initial price. So we met somewhere in the middle. I will post that up when I get a chance to scan it. That takes care of the East region and will keep trying to talk them down.

They also mentioned to me there is a $50 minimum charge... For those filling smaller dewars like myself, has anyone run across such a statement before?

They also mentioned to me there is a $50 minimum charge... For those filling smaller dewars like myself, has anyone run across such a statement before?
Nope, 30L x $.50/L = $15 plus tax, and that's all they charge. Your guy doesn't sound very nice to work with.

Joe, that sounds like the same attitude I got from the airgas guys closest to Chance. They wouldn't play ball at all with my receipts.

We got a better price from an Air gas farther away, but in the same region - they didn't do my price but got really close. He then took that receipt to his closer Airgas and they matched that without a problem.

So even if you have to drive further, I would do it to get a better price, then try to match it at your local shop. Each shop can basically make up their own rules so anything can happen.

^Not only to get a better price, but also to quit giving money a way to not such a nice fellow.

He lol'ed at you? Grrrr!!! ;)

It was all in fun, the LOL from each of us... :).

That said, I know hos day off so next time, for the 3570k, we are going in on that day.

Called today and Airgas quoted me 2.60 a liter. Asked him if he would match Chance's price if I brought in a copy of the reciept (Chance being in the same region). He got a bit agitated at that and wanted to know exactly where that price was from. I sat on hold for about 5 minutes after I told him, and he came back and said he'd match it if I brought in the paper. Didn't sound very happy about it. We'll see what happens when I get there. The welding/gas place about 3 blocks from work wouldn't do better than 1.80.

They seem to really not appreciate price matching a whole lot.

Good thing we've unionized the domestic enthusiast ln2 supply. :D

Went to Airgas yesterday with one 35L dewar and handed them one of Matt's .50/L receipts. They actually spent quite a while trying to figure that one out. Long story short, they set my account up at 1.20. Originally they said 1.25 yesterday, but couldn't figure out how to waive the hazmat fee. The 2 guys there were really pretty nice. Even the guy I spoke with on Tuesday didn't give me any attitude. They told me if I started coming in regularly we'd work on price. I'll post a receipt on Monday. My crappy scanner decided to call it quits.

Back