• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Working at 8GHz with LN2 Tonight (11/22/11)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

I.M.O.G.

Glorious Leader
Just a heads up, I'm working on the FX-8120 again tonight for max CPUz. Looking to take back 1st place on this chip, and beat my currently 17th place 8.06GHz score.

These are the multipliers I'll be working at, and the FSB I'm aiming for:
29*280 (float higher than 8120)
28*290 (float higher than 8120)
31*262 (float higher than 8122)
30*271 (float higher than 8130)

Aside from the multipliers, I'll also be working on different cores - currently I've only tested core 0.

Running the Asus Crosshair V Formula. FSB floats +/- .9MHz of what I set, so at any of the settings above I would take back 1st place on the chip when it fluctuates on the high end - if I'm able to hit any of them.

So basically, if the chip is able to, these are what I'm working at to possibly beat my last score:
1. Find a stronger core than core 0
2. Find a multi other than 31.5 that yields a better frequency
3. Different CPU and CPU-NB voltages
4. Voltage to 2.2V (only been to 2.1V so far)

I'll be streaming tonight's session at www.overclockers.com/overclockers-live for anyone interested in watching or hanging out and chatting.

If you missed the article, here's the specifics for how to go after 8GHz on bulldozer.

good luck with the clocking Matt. I will try to get some time in watching. have a bit to do first.

Got a couple chores to do myself here, so I'll be starting in an hour or so perhaps. :)

8.5GHz definitely isn't in the cards for this chip, but I should be able to squeak out at least another 20-30MHz with a few hours work. :D

That's it for the night, gotta run to pick someone up in cleveland - close to my goal, though frustrating on the other multi, other core, and FSB front. :)

Thanks.

Stay tuned on Friday... I really want 1st, only 4MHz away and I have about 40L of LN2 left right now. :)

Back