• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Why is it green?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yeah mine xp1700 is green too, from what I have read it is merely for asthetic purposes.They will all be made green by the middle of this year.

I've heard that it's either the new organic packaging or they made it to look more appealing than brown. Seriously, who wants a brown proc? I'd rather have a green, blue, or black CPU.

does it really matter what color it is i mean come on its going to be under a heatsink or a water block.. u guys wont see it untill u take it out again.. i for one can care less as long as it works the same its ok if i get the brown or the green but i do have to say the green does not look all that bad ;)

There's the XP 2100+, new stepping too!

I have that stepping too, and even though my temps are high right now (I need a new hsf), they keep going down the more I oc it :confused: When I had my XP2000+ running at 133 and 1.67 my average cpu temp was were 55°c, now I have my fsb at 140 and 1.75Ghz, and my average temp is 52°c. I just find that weird since I hadn't changed anything else or added any new fans =\

Antimatter said:

I have that stepping too, and even though my temps are high right now (I need a new hsf), they keep going down the more I oc it :confused: When I had my XP2000+ running at 133 and 1.67 my average cpu temp was were 55°c, now I have my fsb at 140 and 1.75Ghz, and my average temp is 52°c. I just find that weird since I hadn't changed anything else or added any new fans =\

You probably used a thermal paste and the temps dropped when it settled.

BTW I have a brown XP 1600+ and I think it looks fine its a light brown color I actually thought it looked better then the dark green cased XP's.

hay guyz long time not been in this forum:p
anyway..i am pretty sure that the green one has less powerconsum and runs slightly cooler than the brown.. however... it'z not as good o/c as the brown apperantly...

itz weird but itz the fact:D

Genis B said:
hay guyz long time not been in this forum:p
anyway..i am pretty sure that the green one has less powerconsum and runs slightly cooler than the brown.. however... it'z not as good o/c as the brown apperantly...

itz weird but itz the fact:D

where did u read this? everywhere i have read they say the color makes no difference..... mine is green so if what u were saying were tru i shouldent have as good of an oc as the brown ones but i havent seen too many people with the 1600+ this high maybe a few but thats it

i read this from a HK PC magazine called: PC weekly...
and they had a test on it.. so yer datz where i got mine info from.

Back