• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Motherboard needed for i5-2500k.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zackj3

Registered
Hey guys, first post here, hopefully some of you can shed light.

I'm currently piecing together a new build, and the only things I lack are mother board and graphics card. Here is what I currently have:

Seasonic x660 GOLD
G.Skill RIPJAW 8GB 1600
Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200 RPM/32MB CACHE
Lite-On Blu-Ray
Intel i5-2500k
Corsair 500R Black

I am looking for a motherboard for my set up. I have read a little about z68 boards and their ability to set up some caching with a small (60-80GB) SSD. That seems pretty nice and probably something I'll look into in the future. I have never overclocked before, but I would like to experiment with it some down the road. Also, I may run SLI in the future.

I am very ignorant when it comes to motherboards, so I'm looking for some advice.

I don't really have a budget, but I don't necessarily want the most expensive unless it is warranted. I would like the best price / performance I can get I suppose.

Hopefully you guys can help. Thanks.

The Asus P8Z68-V Pro will suit your needs perfectly. I'd definitely look into it. They are excellent motherboards.

The Gigabyte Z68X-UD4 is another solid option.

Back