• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE NZXT HALE82 850 W Power Supply Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

NZXT has sent us a brand new just-released power supply known as the HALE82 850w. If the HALE branding sounds familiar you're probably thinking of NZXT's HALE90 series of PSUs. The only downside to the HALE90 units is that 80+ Gold parts and designs are expensive! The HALE82 series is 80+ Bronze rated and should cost significantly less than the HALE90 units, while maintaining the excellent NZXT quality.

... Return to article to continue reading.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice review :thup:

The pictures you took of the scope display are much easier to read in this review than the antec one you just did.

Thanks for all the hard work doing these reviews.

Those antec results were downright weird, those were better pictures of a very strange output :D

Glad you like the review!

Looks like a nice PSU for sure!

Nice review, quite thorough and what I wanted to know about a PSU!

Another good one Bobnova :thup:

Just curious, does the "82" and "90" in HALE82/HALE90 have any reflection of the efficiency or 80+ rating of the unit? Sounds like it might.

I believe so, 80+ bronze says minimum 82% efficiency at 20% and 80% load levels.
80+ Gold may well mean 90% minimum.

It's so nice to have a proper PSU reviewer. Thanks for all your hard work Bobnova, excellent review!

:thup:

I think it's nice that we as a site have people who are clearly very good at reviewing certain hardware: Mudd with heatsinks, Bobnova with PSUs ...

Back