• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Comcast Constant Guard sucks.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

krag

Classifieds Moderator
I have used Comcast Constant Guard now for about 6 months. I tryed pay my online rent this morning and when I attempted to login to my online rent bill pay the a constant guard error box popped up and said, "there has been an internal error" and all I got was a white page. I tryed several times with the same results. Then I tryed to login to other sites that are not monitored by constant guard and everything works smoothly.

So I attempted to uninstall the program. Heh! More problems. I go into control panel and hit Uninstall, nothing happens, no prgress bar no nothing. So I wait about 3mins and hit the uninstall again. I get a box that pops up and says, "Please wait while the program finishes to uninstall" I wait 15 mins still the same box pops up. Here I am 30mins later same result. It has hung up

I try Comcast online support and get no help. Read the interaction below.

Session connected!

Transcript

Font Size

analyst KeithChester has entered room

KeithChester: Hello kraig, Thank you for contacting Comcast Live Chat Support. My name is KeithChester. Please give me one moment to review your information.

kraig: My Issue: Constant Guard is messed up and will not let me pay my online bills

KeithChester: We are proud of our Customer Guarantee, which includes being here for you, 24/7! Let’s take a look at what’s going on with your service and get that resolved for you.

KeithChester: I am here to provide you with excellent customer service today. Please be assured I will do my best to help you with your concern.

KeithChester: How can you say that it does not let you pay your online iblls, Kraig?

kraig: Constant guard keeps sayign there is an internal error and I cannot login to internet pages to pay my bills

kraig: the web pages do not load fully

kraig: all other webpage do

KeithChester: Have you tried other browsers, Kraig?

kraig: no

kraig: just internet expolere 9

kraig: I have tried uninstalling it

KeithChester: Please try to use other browsers first, Kraig.

kraig: but it won't uninstall

kraig: like what?

KeithChester: Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.

kraig: I want to uninstall it

kraig: I just want to use anti virus

kraig: I am sick of constant guard

kraig: hello?

KeithChester: You can just uninstall it, Kraig.

KeithChester: What error message does it give?

kraig: how?

KeithChester: Control Panel.

kraig: I have tried that

kraig: no progress bar shows up

kraig: nothing

kraig: I wait for 5 mins

kraig: and try ti use the control panel unistall

kraig: and it keeps saying wait until the program uninstalls

kraig: but I have been waiting 20mins now

kraig: still nothing

KeithChester: Okay, that would mean it is the computers fault, Kraig.

kraig: what?

kraig: how is that?

kraig: I have a quad core Intel 2600k with 4gb memory

KeithChester: It should not load slowly.'

kraig: win 7

kraig: it is a very fast computer

KeithChester: So maybe there is something wrong why he wont uninstall.

kraig: yeah no kidding

KeithChester: Have your computer checked, Kraig.

kraig: exactly how am I going to do that?

kraig: everything else works fine

kraig: I can load everyother webpage just fine

kraig: except the ones that constant guard monitors

kraig: I hate this program

KeithChester: I am sorry, It does not do that, Kraig.

KeithChester: Constant Guard is a light program.

kraig: well how do you expalin my delema?

KeithChester: I am sorry. That is connected with your computer now. Please call your EOM. I do not see a problem with our program.

kraig: you cannot tell me how to uninstall constant guard?

KeithChester: Control Panel as I said.

kraig: I have tried that and it still says the same thing, I just checked again

KeithChester: I am sorry. Please contact your OEM.

kraig: Ok thnaks

I LOL'd

Comcast: Try other browsers...
Krag: Like what?

Really? :p

Well, hindsight is obviously 20/20 now for you, but this is another supporting reason I dont install crap like this on my PC.

Yeah, I resonpded like that because if the program doesn't work with exep 9 why should I downlaod other browsers because ther program is a piece of crap.

It finally uninstalled, I will never use it again. what a hassel.

Wow, talk about horrible customer service. That guy didn't even try to help you one bit with your problem. All he did was ask very generic questions and provide very little help. Pretty pathetic considering it is their product.

So what you are saying is... It uninstalled with the control panel? Like he said?

He isn't development you know. It is supposed to uninstall with appwiz. You really would expect him to troubleshoot your PC for you? I know it is there product, but what were you expecting him to do?

So what you are saying is... It uninstalled with the control panel? Like he said?

He isn't development you know. It is supposed to uninstall with appwiz. You really would expect him to troubleshoot your PC for you? I know it is there product, but what were you expecting him to do?

After 30mins and repeated attempts to uninstall it, it finally uninstalled. I expect customer support to be able to know enough to trouble shoot the problem or even acknowledge the problem...like not being able to open password proteced sites that it is guarding. I expected them to "push me up" the ladder to manager or higher level of support. Maybe there are people who are familiar enough with thier own product that could have given better help.

I expected them to "push me up" the ladder to manager or higher level of support.

Unless it's a known issue affecting many customers, there is no such thing within Comcast. The most escalating someone can do is making a support ticket which goes to a senior tech support agent who will simply close the ticket because the program not uninstalling is a "non-Comcast related issue." (I work for Comcast).

The uninstall delay hangup problem was resolved by my diligence. However, the inability for the program to open web pages that it was guarding pass codes for or even the "constant guard internal error" box was not addressed nor explained nor given any advice for. Anyways, the problem no longer exsists because I do not use the program anymore

next time just do what I do with programs that refuse to follow my commands.

reboot
regedit
delete the entire tree related to that program.

Magically the program is now able to be deleted without issue.

Hell I had to write a script to delete keys for one program, their own devs couldnt get it to uninstall without regedits.

Back