• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What new toys did you get today?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dunno, but I hope to get gen HDD of ~600MB/s+ and virus scan of 1000MB/s+ for pcmark05. Thats about what the last generation of this controller does on weaker SSDs. This is their newer one though, and I haven't seen anyone do pcmark with it.

This is a lower end model of the card I got, without upgradeable ram cache like mine, and there are some performance numbers:
http://thessdreview.com/raid-enterp...raid-card-review-4-7gbs-transfer-performance/

Does that card have a spot for a battery backup unit(bbu)? cause most higher end storage cards need a BBU unit to allow for the maximum transport speeds to be supported.

On a side note on my lsi 6gbs SAS controller that I have several servers built around, It will generally push around 1100mbs with just two hard drives mirrored, mostly for shorter transfers. It allways amaze's me when i do drive to drive backups with it. (single xeon systems with 24gb of ram)

Holy crap its fast. I haven't tweaked it yet, and its crushing the world record scores for single core. Details in the private team lounge.

Someone is trying to make up for their shortcomings.........

:rofl:

Nice storage stuff Matt.I wish I could make it down to ces. I would beg you to bring it.

recent arrivals.jpg

From the upper left, going across the top first:
1) Fan connectors for fan controllers.
2) 15a switches for PSU tester.
3) 3Ohm 50w resistors for PSU tester.
(middle row)
4) Molex plugs for fan controllers.
5) 47uf 50v capacitors for general microcontroller power smoothing.
6) 8DIP sockets for microcontroller/fan controller chips.
7) 680uf 0.005ohm-ESR capacitors for GPU enhancement :rock:
(bottom row)
8) 8800GTX.

thats a pretty nice stash you picked up there.

No new toys, but we did get 3 24 packs of Jolt today (1 pack of cola, 1 pack of blue, 1 pack of grape).

Currently awaiting delivery of an Audio-GD C-2.

No NDA here, just one huge glorious case. Look for the review on the OCF frontpage at some point here.

That's a Mechwarrior II Mercenaries CD for scale.
Cosmos-II-2.jpg

They say racecar styling, I see interstellar spaceship.
Cosmos-II-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back