• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What new toys did you get today?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Swapped my 925 for a 955, got a 2TB seagate 3.5" the other day, Im trying to raise funds to grab a 2nd CM 690II for myself though I like the nVidia edition(after the nvidia badge is pryed off).

That fan looks like it eats small animals for sport ed.

Got a care package from Miah today!

Pics when I get a chance to get out to the garage...

Glorious Leader got some sweet toys today, but he's too good to post in here. :confused::shrug::fight::chair::bday:

New PSU for the benching rig, since I killed the other one:
2011-12-02_22-35-50_464.jpg

Not really "new" But something to add to the collection...always wanted one. Need to find a set of matching katima 450 P3's for it.... (doenst support coppermines from googling)
2011-12-02_22-36-10_993.jpg

Ha, the very first Really Big Heatsinks... I remember those.

I also remember when the heatsink on voodoo3 3000s were considered insanely large.

FINALLY cleaned all the water off my benching station.

Anyway I HAZ DELIVARD

Attachments

• goodies.jpg
    goodies.jpg
    231.1 KB · Views: 314
Wheel is going to be up for sale sooner or later (no matter how badly I want to keep it >.<)

Very nice. Wheel looks nice but I could never use it in it's current state. If you do sell it LMK. I'd like to mod it.

I thought the wheel was nice but then I saw that it was wireless. :(

SB-E looks nice though.

@Convicted1: For my dewar, I bought a dolly and ratchet straps (the kind you use to secure cargo in a truck bed). I ratchet strap the dewar tightly onto the dolly. Helps also with moving it around when it is full, easy to wheel it.

I cut a hole in a 4-6" high box that my thermos fits into, and that ensures the thermos can't tip while I fill it, without needing to hold the thermos.

When the dewar is full, I leave the base of the dewar on the ground, and hold onto the top of the dolly as I tip it - holding the dolly gives me better balance/control, and acts as leverage making it not as heavy.

Once I can no longer pour quickly enough, I roll the lip of the dewar onto my foot, hold the base of the dolly with one hand which gives me better grip than trying to hold the dewar base, and hold the handle at the top of my dewar to tip it as needed.

At about half full is when its the biggest pain, I lift the base of the dewar off the ground holding onto the base of the dolly, and I hold the top of the dewar by its handle to pour. Supporting its full weight is strenuous, but it gets better quickly the emptier it gets.

For a dewar like yours, may want to try that, or you may want to look into buying or building a tipping stand:
http://www.chem.purdue.edu/chemsafety/graphics/trolleydewars.jpg

Took an $18.00 gamble on these. Well, turned out not to be hypers. BBSE.

Still decent. I will have to play with these this weekend.

11-1.jpg

BBSE is solid stuff, and generally works better with SB than Hypers do.
Totally worth $18.

Still very nice. Where did you find these for $18?

Just got these from UPS :) Including the Mini-DP to DVI Active connector so I can do eyefinity. After I get the i7 2600k machine together going to start benching, hope to join the team!

IMG_20111207_123912.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Got me some more goodies today also!

First off... The Fluke 52-2 Dual Probe Temp Meter came in a couple days ago, wasn't worth making its own post for.

Then today, I got all the goods from KingPin Cooling!

Couple pics...

3498130e.jpg

160ef313.jpg

f784c63e.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back