• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What new toys did you get today?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sure if feel sorry for it, is quite the right state of mind. I like to think of it as giving it a chance to shine :D. After all its a long way to the top, if you want to rock and roll :D

But yeah, its gonna get zombied :D I need to get a second untouchables though :\

Last edited:
Got a few things through the post today for some 939 tinkering, but i was under the assumption that 939 mounting was the same as AM2/AM3/AM3+ and was gutted when i opened the box to find mounting holes for no cooler that i have:rain: so i had to improvise(ghetto style) seems to work but i don't know what these chips are for temps but its around 24 idle (not stressed it yet)

ABIT AN8 ULTRA
photo5.jpg

A few athon 64 chips and a sempy 140 AM3 and some DDR400 Ram
photo6.jpg

Ghetto cooler mounting
photo7.jpg

939-AM3+ Coolers will work as long as they use the AMD bracket, if they have their own, its only AM2 and up.

Unfortunately....

Can you guys guess what I will be working with for my next article?

b7HRgl.jpg
64TQll.jpg
C3usXl.jpg
2ve24l.jpg
W2Y3el.jpg
EzWLzl.jpg

Still waiting on one or two more.

The HTPC keyboard is something that I just got in a couple days ago and decided to add it to the group, but it probably won't be part of this review as it doesn't really fit with what I'm going for. But maybe for something a bit different after I finish working on this one.

This das ultimate s keyboard [Blue switches] is fun to type on (very clicky). The Rosewill is fun as well (Brown switches).

I have that same Dell keyboard at work...That's a rubber dome one, right?
If not I'm a steal it lol :p

Yep same Dell (took mine from work as well) keyboard is a membrane, as well as the G15 that is sitting there next to it. The Steelseries has Black switches IIRC. I have a Cherry with MXBlues coming soon as well, hoping to hear if I can get a keyboard that has Reds in it, but we will see.

2 kits of Crucial Ballistix Elite 1600 2x4GB 8-8-8-24 1.5V ( one of them will go to my friend but for now I'm testing both ;) ) ... £36 each kit, free shipping :)

4xblx1600.jpg

4xblx16002.jpg

Broke down and bought an Amazon Kindle touch today. I'm on my tenth book this year and it'll pay for itself soon enough. I like the screen, storage and battery life, but I played with a family member's and the OS is complete garbage. Like a '97 Palm Pilot is far more polished. Ugh. But once you get your books installed and you're reading you don't have to deal with it. No backlight either. +1 Palm. The Fire is twice as much money and has some cool features such as being an actual android tablet, but as far as those go, ITS garbage compared to real tablets like the Samsung Galaxy Tab and ASUS' offering. But those cost twice what the Fire does! So I went for the ghetto option, just have to root those ads away.

My wife and I really enjoy our Kindle. Granted she gets a lot more use out of it than I do, but it is a great little reading device. The backlight thing I wish was optional/turn-on-able but it saves battery life (regular use will last over a month) which is excellent imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back