• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What new toys did you get today?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's indeed the stuff. It's their low profile 30nm DDR3L that everyone is fond of. 2133 doesn't look to be stable at auto settings at least (CAS 11) with 1.5V. It could be my CPU too, I suppose.

It can spark civilization if a barbarian sees it though!

Actually I rather like it's industrial nature. Desperately needs more front intake area though.

Everyone has their own tastes of course. I also dig industrial which is why I've got the case I've got.

---

Re: RAM. 2133 doesn't look possible with auto settings. Looking for help now.

That's indeed the stuff. It's their low profile 30nm DDR3L that everyone is fond of. 2133 doesn't look to be stable at auto settings at least (CAS 11) with 1.5V. It could be my CPU too, I suppose.

up the voltage to 1.65v might help. but if you want any more help with it, then we should probably get a new thread made up as to keep this one clutter free.

VTT seems to be the ticket for me. Raising it to 1.200V seems to have made 2133 stable. Rigorous testing will reveal just how stable it has become. It's a different world for me and will take some time I reckon. I've been primarily an AMD user since after the E6600 I had.

As for pics, I'll take some for you when I'm ready to transfer from the bench to my desktop. I'll have the opportunity to make it more photogenic that way.

I think I remember most of what I wrote before. heh I uploaded the pictures to the wrong folder anyway, so this gave me a chance to fix that. :)

---

I took a series of images of the hardware after I had removed the H100 and cleaned it up. Below are a few of the ones that better communicate various aspects of the gear.

Image 1: This overhead shot of the CPU area is the only one I took that shows the lettering of the CPU itself.
100_1480_thumb.jpg

Image 2: This side shot shows some of the memory in more detail.
100_1482_thumb.jpg

Image 3: This overhead shot of the entire board shows the layout of this model of motherboard (ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional). I really like the PCIe layout. There were only a few boards that had enough slots (and in the right spots) for my needs.
100_1483_thumb.jpg

Last edited:
One 3770k picked up from microcenter today. Now to get it OCed.

Anyone know if there is a different way to Bin these (and if it is possible on air cooling?)

Tt 650w modular psu
asus xonar sound card

to replace some parts that got nuked the other night.

i7 3770K incoming, supposedly shipped this morning :confused:

I'm guessing that really means that the box is ready for UPS pickup tomorrow.

Capture.PNG

A S370 2P system. Okay, I actually got it a while ago, and just recently realized I might be able to use it to get some points at hwbot. No other use for it at the moment, so why not I guess, may need some better AGP cards to increase my scores though.

Worth a try anyway, probably not that many people submitting benches on a S370 2P board.

Can't wait for my stuff to arrive!
I should be getting my ga-z68ma-d2h-b3, samsung 2x4gb cool ram, noctua nh-c14 soon :D
Most of the stuff is shipped, save for the gpu's which I haven't yet 'bought' per se -though I have a couple of 7870's waiting for me lol-

These all didn't arrive today, but they are all for my new desktop system.

Intel 520 180gb SSD and Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H. I've never owned a Gigabyte board before and I had a difficult time pulling the trigger on buying it, but I don't regret it so far - it is well designed.
board_and_ssd.JPG

Decided to upgrade from my GTX 260 to something a bit more powerful and a lot more quiet.
gtx470.JPG

The blue in the picture is no where near as bright as it is in real life; it is much less pronounced. The internals are still a long way from being done, but I'm really liking this case so far. Everything about it feels finished and as if they put thought into everything about it. I may get rid of the casters though, not sure if I like them.
lian_li_v1000.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back