• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What new toys did you get today?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yes. So far it's getting a good score, haven't actually turned it on yet though :p

I'm curious to see what you end up thinking of it after a full battery of tests...

Thats what in my benching station right now, but I plan to migrate it to my daily rig, and put the Silverstone 1500Watt in my benching station.

Just depends how it stacks up to the Bobnova PSU torture rack.

The little evga logo over the chokes is interesting, i have to say i kinda like it. can't say i a a fan of the diagnostic display location. Seems like it would get covered up quite easily when running multipul cards or already be over shadowed by an extremely large cooler or in my case a ducted 120mm fan :D

Geez Jeremy....am I counting 4 USB2.0 and 8 USB3.0 ports on the back + 8 USB2.0 headers onboard :eek: KNUTZ!

Overall it seems X79 will be much easier to insulate than 1366....which sucks, cause it doesn't really need it :rolleyes:

Hahaha...yea, it's gone in the 3rd picture down. It wasn't removed for all pics though. ED may have to retake some if it's too bothersome.

With cold joint compensation, and a low price tag if you actually have to buy 'em.

entirely possible, my main though was cheap thermometer integrated into my benching station, similar to the RIVE with the k type probe ports built into the board. they are pretty inexspensive to for that chip, i think they are like 7-8$ each and the add in one of the attiny chips and and the rest of the components and its probably close to 20$ hardware, throw a serial port on it and you have logging.

You then inexspensively monitor alot of components at once and log them.

Actually I'd put good money on there being a couple of these chips on the R4E.
Nobody else makes thermocouple-SPI chips you see.

Well actually in past couple days I got all the parts for my newest build. Everything is assembled now for the most part. I ordered a couple different red led fans and some red sound activated ccfl and uv reactive as well...got the red ones in today and hooked up. All my parts are here http://customs.quadcitytech.com Also I don't have the Aerocool 2000 listed on there but I got that in today and installed. Photos of finish build to come.

I have the first version of those sticks and they didn't like higher speeds. But the the timings tightened down to 7-9-8-24-1t. At stock volts. So moar volts may be the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back