• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What new toys did you get today?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally got in some boards! 3- X79 and 10 Z68...Edit: ARRRRRGGGG Just realized I have no 2011 mounting hardware for my D14, and then I had no thermal paste at work...It's gonna be a long day..:screwy:

X79.JPG

z68.JPG

Edit...Forgot to add this picture. I thought it was cool. The box used to ship 5 of the Asrock boards. Not everyday I see one of these..

asrock.JPG

Last edited:
1.99 each from onesale a day :thup: they really arent that cheap feeling at all really, better than one i just bought for my boss for 17 bucks on the egg, thinking about swapping out my logitech keyboard out for one
also swapping out all the old old old keyboards in the room for these
IMAG0355.jpg

sorry for the huge pic my phone likes to make big ones and i was too lazy to shrink it

Last edited:
Finally got in some boards! 3- X79 and 10 Z68...Edit: ARRRRRGGGG Just realized I have no 2011 mounting hardware for my D14, and then I had no thermal paste at work...It's gonna be a long day..:screwy:

View attachment 110843

Edit...Forgot to add this picture. I thought it was cool. The box used to ship 5 of the Asrock boards. Not everyday I see one of these..

I set 3 small servers on ASRocks Z68 E4 and all are running fine. No issues at all for over half year running 24/7 :thup:

What is an IDE SSD?

edit: just looked it up, I had no idea they still made things compatible with PATA, especially SSDs

Doesn't that make you just as sad as it did me?

Its like taking a stock i5 3570 and replacing it with a 965 BE....

EVERYTHANGS GONNA BE THROTTLED BY YOUR MU****IN CPU!:rofl:

IDE will still do 130MB/s.
On large file size transfers a HDD can reach that.
On 4k files? No way in hell. Neither can most SSDs for that matter!

It's still worthwhile, just not as spectacular.

lol... guys Obviousy what matter the most are the iops, plus it's not for my main rig. It's for an old IBM Thinkpad t32 or something. Comes with a whooping 4200rpm 40gb drive...
Replace that with 60gb ssd and voila!
The only things I'll use are the z68 stuffs, the gtx580 will be on a friend's fx8120 rig. I'll be ordering a gtx670 ftw/windforce in a month, along with a korean ips 27 incher.

The box? That's all we get to see? That's like showing us a picture of a supermodel in a SNOWSUIT!!! Come on.....

Yeah, second that...my moto q doesn't like external links.

Oh, and today I'm getting a really cheap CM690 II and a free 600w cm psu lol -I'll give that to a friend, not the greatest gift but he doesnn't oc-

Thou shalt host your images here so I can see them.

attachment.php

better hokie?

you need to talk to your boss about allowing imgur :)

God_tatoo said:
The box? That's all we get to see? That's like showing us a picture of a supermodel in a SNOWSUIT!!! Come on.....

I got home just in enough time to open the newegg box and open it briefly then had to put it away and head back to work. Don't worry, it will see some daylight tonight if I can finish this article.

Attachments

• lightning.jpg
    lightning.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 78
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back