• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What new toys did you get today?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No idea how it clocks. I'll find out in the next few days.

Now its time for me to eat and go get some free birthday drinks :D

@ chance
Yep

so i was right.. made for 790i.. lmao cuz nvida boards had the whole neon green thing going on.

i think most patriot ram tends to be on the ugly side but these take the cake!
its like the early 80's came and smacked some paint on them.

Recently acquired some "mystery RAM". It's a 512MB stick of DDR rated to PC4000 with 3-5-5-10 timings.

The heatspreader wasn't giving up any secrets, since the labels had been ripped off long ago (there was still a glue residue of where the labels had been), and to my dismay CPU-Z didn't give up much either other than the module's size along with the timings and speed rating (no manufacturer or model though).

View attachment 115245

So, it was time to go about removing a heat-spreader or two and get at those memory chips.

View attachment 115246

My only regret was accidentally cutting open my finger while removing one of the clips. And no, it wasn't on the knife, I cut myself on the heat-spreader itself. I still can't wrap my head around how I did it, the heat-spreader itself is dull on the edge. Given the choice between cutting myself on the knife or the heat-spreader though, I'd choose the heat-spreader, since my knife is much sharper after all.

View attachment 115247

Well, here we have it, chips are Hynix BT-D43's.

I got a 2gb kit like that on ebay aways back
it looks like hardcore cooling ram

Phase 3 of my Build.

Ok guy's this part of my Phase 3 of this build and this is what came today via DHL a brand new Sapphire HD 6950 card to add to my other one in the PC, so now i can Sli the 2 cards. "Life is like a box of chocolates you never know what you're gonna get".

P.S. I really like the box cover for the Sapphire cards?

Attachments

• Today's Delivery 2.jpg
    Today's Delivery 2.jpg
    217.7 KB · Views: 50
  • Today's Delivery 3.jpg
    Today's Delivery 3.jpg
    233.3 KB · Views: 50
  • Today's Delivery 4.jpg
    Today's Delivery 4.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 50
  • Today's Delivery 5.jpg
    Today's Delivery 5.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Probably going to be my most expensive toy ever. Good thing I got 30 years to pay it off.

k3Y7i.jpg

Note: the house will be re-painted here by the end of this month. Can't stand that peach color and the dirty stucco.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back