• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What new toys did you get today?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah thought so too, plus its one of the cheapest ive seen...i was kinda looking at one with temp sensors...but those are just too much bling for my liking lol, this one only has abit of blue light around the knobs which matches the rest of my build which i will hopefully get started on tomorrow :D

FWIW, some of the top globals currently just submitted for sub 5m superpi 32m times aren't running "that high" of memory frequency in terms of what IB is capable of - I think at least one of them was right around 2650 with pretty good timings.

Thanks for that:thup:, I certainly dont expect to diplace WR on SPI32M but good to know that I dont need a $400 kit to get a few boints

Finally Pics...

Here's 95% of my new toys of 2012 now that it's been built and got all the boxes together to put up in the attic for storage. :salute:

Attachments

• Corsair Parts List  01.JPG
    Corsair Parts List 01.JPG
    394.6 KB · Views: 138
got a couple new to me servers to bench. This one doesn't have any submissions on the bot, so a bunch of points coming..Not alot but it's like free points for the team..

proliant.JPG

Last bit i needed to get started on my new wc loop arrived this morning...already build, now im just testing and doing some cable management :D

IMG_0236.JPG

Nerp, them're from FK. Also have a Frio Advance and BitFenix Shinobi :D

There's some PSU or another coming from OCF, nobody (including the editors!) is really sure what exactly it is though :D

Nerp, them're from FK. Also have a Frio Advance and BitFenix Shinobi :D

There's some PSU or another coming from OCF, nobody (including the editors!) is really sure what exactly it is though :D

I've given you all the info I've been given about the Antec mystery PSU :rofl:

Gotcha, thanks! Was wondering if the Tt thing went anywhere, we haven't gotten much of their stuff in the past.

Emailed the TT contact, but no response :rain:

When did you email him? I know him fairly personally and can kick him affectionately in the nuts if you aren't hearing anything back.

This weekend's toys:
- 3930K (SB-E)
- ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
- 4 x 4 GB Samsung DDR3

I'm not excited to have Fatal1ty branded hardware, but I think I'm mature enough to be able to ignore the form for its function. It's a quality motherboard with a PCIe slot arrangement that works for me, and that's what I'm after. The Extreme7 would have also worked, but this board has more USB 3.0 ports which I like the idea of.

The Samsung memory is sold as relatively innocent DDR3-1600, but it's the stuff that can supposedly do 2133 pretty easily. I'm running it at 1866 right now, but I'm hoping for 2133 or 2400 when it's all said and done. 2133 is probably the realistic number, but 2400 would be fun.

Sandy Bridge-E. Interesting. This is proving to be a neat chip but difficult to cool using my H100.

If you have the low profile and low voltage Samsung ram it can do 2000mhz 9-9-9-24 easily. The kit I reviewed was almost spi32m stable at 2400mhz. Best of luck with it :thup:

Also pics or it didn't happen. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back