• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What new toys did you get today?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that is a pretty peck of pots!

LOL... Yeah... I'm actually thinking about wasting a couple hours tonight mounting all these goodies up on the REX without insulation for a pic to use as my avatar.

Probably be the last time they'll be pretty!

LOL... It'll be a bit of a waste to strap that big Tek 9 Fat to a lowly 6800GS though!

wcproject.jpg

I have wanted to try watercooling for a while now, but I didn't want to fry my main rig with the learning process. My friend who seems to have a lot of money to waste, was going to throw this rad and pump out :shock: so I offered to take them off his hands! I am not sure what rad this is, it doesnt have anything on it except a small sticker that says RoHS. The pump is a Swifttech MCP655.

I managed to pick up this nice i7 950 from bobnova, and dealmaster had an Apogee GTZ waterblock for sale which is en route. I will be building my new living room WC'd HTPC/gaming rig :bday: Merry Christmas to me!

I still need to get the fittings and tubing. I also need to read up on WC"ing. I need to know how much heat this rad will remove from the loop and perhaps add a watercooled GPU into the loop.

Still need a reservoir also! :attn:

Got a mATX setup for upstairs. I will get to leave this alone and used all my other hardware for benching. First time Ive had my Main rig in a case in.......a LONG time. Looking for a mATX case now, this is just temporary, its an old Thermaltake case, cant even remember the name but Ive had it for years.

Core i7 920 @ 4.1 so far
Asus Rampage Gene II
2011-12-10_11-50-10_518.jpg
Also won the the ThermalTake Frio on ebay, $30. :D
Im an idiot and didnt realize the Rampage has mounting holes for 1366 and 1155...

Also picked up a Athlon II X2 Regor from,soulfly1448, Got it to take cold and to test some boards with.
2011-12-10_11-54-45_149.jpg

Got the X3 1000W I bought from Miah. Time to pass on the BFG 1000W that has served me well, but these cables on the X3 should keep my benching station a bit more manageable. :)

DSC03017.JPG

The past couple of days I have received the following.

OCZ Vertex 3 120gb SSD
Logitech G940 Flight Control System
DCS AC-10C Warthawg

How do you like the G940 system? I was looking at the new Thrustmaster setup, but as it doesn't include pedals, that would end up being almost 3x the price of the G940....which looks much more paletable....

Got the X3 1000W I bought from Miah. Time to pass on the BFG 1000W that has served me well, but these cables on the X3 should keep my benching station a bit more manageable. :)

View attachment 102287

Hey Matt, good to see it arrived safely :thup:

How do you like the G940 system? I was looking at the new Thrustmaster setup, but as it doesn't include pedals, that would end up being almost 3x the price of the G940....which looks much more paletable....

I was going to get the Thrustmaster one as well but having to get the pedals would of put me @ the $600+ side of things and it is designed just for that game. I read that it can be used in other games but it's real PIA to set up. I went with the 940 becuase I can use it in other games and I got it for under $300.

I really like it. I'm still messing with it and have not used it to it's full potential yet but that is mainly because I've been busy.

Man oh man, what happened to getting totally decent wheels with pedals for $90?

Man oh man, what happened to getting totally decent wheels with pedals for $90?

Depends on what's decent for you. Wheels and pedals are a different bread as well. You gan get a Logitech Driving Force GT for $100 - 150 and they are great.

For drivng I use a Logitech G25 with Fanatec Club Sport Pedals.

I just got some Club Sport pedals as well....and my pre-ordered CSR Elite wheel and CSR shifter set should be here later this month :rock:

For those of you that don't know, this is what I'm talking about :D

csr-elite-1.jpg

cspandtuningkit.jpg

shifters.jpg

Oh, and my Sony HMZ-T1 arrived last night:

xlarge_sonysyyyy3d.jpg

And I'm expecting my TrackIR to arrive later this week :thup:

Keep an eye on my thread in the displays section for details on me modding the HMZ-T1 ;)

Last edited:
I plan on getting the same wheel. I'm going to wait on the reviews as their wheels have had some terrible QC issues.

You'll love the pedals. They are top notch.

I'm waitng on a new SST shifter to come in.
25403932.jpg

If I don't get that wheel I'm going to mod my G25 into this.

What racing games do you play Mia?

Nice....my choice for HW was determined by my favorite racing game....Forza 4. Otherwise I probably would have got the SST shifter as well ;)

But I'm this will be my 1st good wheel (I've been using the POS MS wheel for years)....and my 1st FFB wheel for the PC. I'm playing iRacing a bit, and I'm a junior member for the C.A.R.S. project....and I do still like casual racing games as well....GRID, the DiRT series, etc...

Miah, whenever I FINALLY get another 360, I'm hitting you up for some 4za.

Got this bigass mofo today

P1011100.jpg

Edit:

UPS guy just showed up with this

P1011106.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back