• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What new toys did you get today?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a thread over at xs hinting that asus has improved the efficiency for 3d01 and spi. Are the asus boards going to be "the one" for us benchers?

I wonder if that is something new, or if its just the extra RAM options and "extreme tweaking: enabled" option. The extreme tweaking options specifically is documented by Asus as improving 3d01 performance.

I just like the quality of the boards for the price. I had a TSeries that pushed my i3-550 to 4700+ on air without a thought. If I didn't fry the IMC on the chip by overvolting I think if I went cold it still had a heck of a lot more!!

Well if it clocks better then that's something good.

I no longer buy boards for my main PC because of the extra NICs or SATA ports or better audio or any other special features, besides, sometimes, look. I have a NAS box, an Intel Desktop CT card, and an Auzen Bravura. I prefer to have a rock solid board that overclocks nicely and is stable. And if it has a beefy power section, better, but that's mainly because of the fear that I have since the MSi AMD board with little to none VRMs blew in the face of a friend of mine.

Im very much looking forward to the Biostar review aswell, but so far i must say the Asrock fatality looks alot like that'll be my next board, the beefy power section and the review showing it overclocks like mad rather has won me over, the 10 sata ports is just a bonus imo

picture.php

Ok ok, now do you believe me? lol

There is something wrong with it. That model of board does not look right unless it is covered with eraser and vaseline....

Maybe it'll be the next TPower i45 :D

You mean memory power phases will burn ? :D
But really there is thread somewhere on xs. Biostar has to fix board design or prepare for hard mods if you are going to oc IB on this board ...
Some Biostar boards were nice in the past ( they overslept last generation I think ). One little problem can be that most their boards were asking for RMA after harder oc.

I wonder if that is something new, or if its just the extra RAM options and "extreme tweaking: enabled" option. The extreme tweaking options specifically is documented by Asus as improving 3d01 performance.

I haven't seen anything special on M5G ( extreme tweaking was in earlier boards too ). At least UEFI looks like this from M4G with nice memory profiles that I probably won't use anyway.
I also haven't found anything new in specification that could make it run faster in benchmarks. Maybe I missed something.

I got a new video card today, Which promptly got Duck tape modded :D TJ's uber fan overkill strikes again. (why have high cfm fans if your not gonna use em right?).

So evga 295 with Nidec BetaV Screwed to it, with a ducktape duct, Improvement on my earlier design from the 460 gtx, This setup you can actually put a card into slots next to it, you just have to make sure its screwed down, or the air pressure might push the card out of the slot slowly.

I was gonna put two beta V's on it, and duct the exhaust away from each other, but i didn't really have the mounting room for that, and honestly one betaV at full blast is more than enough cooling (45-50c full load :D ).

295_tj_edition.jpg

295_tj_edition_top.jpg

todo: I need to attach the pwm line on the fan to my BobNova™ special, fan controller.

In a way, you almost feel bad for this thing...You already know what it has coming it's way...The abuse, the voltage, the pain...Oh well...

I got a new video card today, Which promptly got Duck tape modded :D TJ's uber fan overkill strikes again. (why have high cfm fans if your not gonna use em right?).

So evga 295 with Nidec BetaV Screwed to it, with a ducktape duct, Improvement on my earlier design from the 460 gtx, This setup you can actually put a card into slots next to it, you just have to make sure its screwed down, or the air pressure might push the card out of the slot slowly.

I was gonna put two beta V's on it, and duct the exhaust away from each other, but i didn't really have the mounting room for that, and honestly one betaV at full blast is more than enough cooling (45-50c full load :D ).

View attachment 108361

View attachment 108362

todo: I need to attach the pwm line on the fan to my BobNova™ special, fan controller.

Just got my Hyper 212+ today! :D I won't be able to install it until tomorrow though, then it's time for some overclocking. :p

Trying to figure out the best way to install it right now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back