• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cheap DDR3 RAM

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Great deal man! RAM prices are ridiculously low nowadays. I grabbed 32 Gb for about $190 shipped form the 'egg

Is it just me, or are there not as many deals nowadays? Maybe I'm not looking as much since I already have 4x4GB, but that seems to be the trend I noticed...

I'm waiting for 8gb sticks to fall now, every machine I have has 4gb sticks already.

I'm curious if the prices on those will ever drop, or if we'll have to wait for DDR4 for a 8GB stick to be the 'sweet spot'.

DDR1 -> 1GB sticks were common
DDR2 -> 2GB sticks were common
DDR3 -> 4GB...

I think prices have stagnated a little. 4GB sticks used to readily go on sale for ~$30 each without rebates. Now they seem to hover in the $40 range each with an infrequent rebate to bring them to $35 or so. Sometimes they hit $30 but you typically have to deal with a rebate to get there.

8GB sticks seem to be stuck between $53 for the typical cheap-o sticks to $65 for the better sticks each. Before you could catch cheap-o 8gb sticks around $45 and $50 for "good" sticks without rebates on sale, now you seem to get the generic for the $53 mark on sale and sometimes good sticks in the range of $55 after a rebate.

I was hoping the 8gb sticks would hit the $40 range without rebates and i'd jump on them. I'd convert all my machines to 8gb sticks instead of the 4gb sticks I have in them all now.

G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL9D-16GBXL
$90 with promo code.
Link

Is this a good deal?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...-040312-Index-_-DesktopMemory-_-20231568-L08C

G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-1600C9D-16GXM

119$ with EMCNFNG47

its more than the other ones, but is DDR3 1600 too

Depends. If you have an X79 based board, you'll need 4 sticks to get the benefit of quad channel, and you can't buy two separate sets (they aren't guaranteed to work, and X79 is very picky about RAM).

If it's not X79, make sure your board supports 8GB DIMMS, it was not very common a year ago.

Depends. If you have an X79 based board, you'll need 4 sticks to get the benefit of quad channel, and you can't buy two separate sets (they aren't guaranteed to work, and X79 is very picky about RAM).

If it's not X79, make sure your board supports 8GB DIMMS, it was not very common a year ago.

Thank you for the warning about the motherboard. Is the x79 the new gen of boards that are made for both SB and IB? I think I saw a recent preview somewhere of IB performance that was using a new board for both SB and IB.

One of todays shell shockers is a set of 2x8gb G Skill ares ddr3 1600mhz for 95 dollars, and there is an active promo code for 15% off memory right now, APRMEM15, that brought it down to 86$ shipped with CA tax for me. I dont think anything else comes close to that for 1600mhz 2x8gb ram right now.

You're welcome!

The X79 is Intel's newest platform, which supports both Sandy Bridge-E, and Ivy Bridge-E (not to be confused with the non-"E" versions, which are a different chipset), along with other features.

Just google socket 2011 and you can read about it.

One of todays shell shockers is a set of 2x8gb G Skill ares ddr3 1600mhz for 95 dollars, and there is an active promo code for 15% off memory right now, APRMEM15, that brought it down to 86$ shipped with CA tax for me. I dont think anything else comes close to that for 1600mhz 2x8gb ram right now.

Man i'm tempted to grab 3 sets and try them in my x58 just because.....

Man i'm tempted to grab 3 sets and try them in my x58 just because.....

I let these slip by because I wasn't a fan of the color. Wake up this morning to see a couple interesting deals in my inbox so I bit on the Geil Black Dragon.

G.SKILL Ares Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory
Your Price: $83.99
With Promo Code
EMCNFNE44
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory
Your Price: $43.99
With Promo Code
EMCNFNE45
G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory
Your Price: $212.49
With Promo Code
EMCNFNE46
GeIL EVO CORSA Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory
Free 8GB Flash Card with Purchase!
Your Price: $107.99
With Promo Code
EMCNFNE48
GeIL Black Dragon 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3 1333 (PC3 10660) Desktop Memory
Free 8GB Flash Card with Purchase!
Your Price: $89.24
With Promo Code
EMCNFNE49

Yeah, I should have picked them up but I couldn't get past the orange. My PC is all black with some blue so those would look like an eyesore to me.

Yeah, I should have picked them up but I couldn't get past the orange. My PC is all black with some blue so those would look like an eyesore to me.

Unless you live in Colorado. Then you're repping nuggets AND broncos!

Will x58 accept 8Gb DIMMS? Seeing the max is 24Gb I was guessing that meant 6x4Gb

Back