• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cheap DDR3 RAM

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have 48gb (6x8gb) in my x58 rig that I rarely use and just sold off the 24gb (6x4gb) I took out of it. At one time I had about thirty sticks of ram laying around because when it went on sale at a really low price, I bought it. :p

As soon as the 8gb sticks drop again, I'll probably pick up another 48GB (6x8gb) to split between my server and HTPC just because. That will replace the 2x4gb in the server (only 2 slots :() and 4x4gb in the HTPC. All my machines will have 8gb sticks, including my laptop. Why? Because WHY NOT! :eek:

Especially for a HTPC, make a ramdisk and store image cache in ramdisk, VERY fast.

Especially for a HTPC, make a ramdisk and store image cache in ramdisk, VERY fast.

As prices fall and modules grow, i'll keep buying it.

Back in the Total Annihilation and Windows 2000 days, I had a server i'd play on and everyone was shocked at my load times even on the harshest of levels. That thing wasn't a CPU powerhouse but it was LOADED with ram at a whopping 2GB.

Back