• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cheap DDR3 RAM

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mokrunka

I just picked up a sweet deal on RAM at the egg. I've got 12 Gb in my system currently and never had any plans to upgrade until I saw the prices.

I paid $240 for my 12 Gb back in July '09 ($20/Gb).

I just bought 24 Gb (Max my board can handle, or I would have got more) for $140 ($5.83/Gb). And it's not some no name brand either; Kingston HyperX mind you.

Now is a good time to upgrade for all you X58 folks that are going to hold out on upgrading to Ivy Bridge for a while.

Here's the link to what I bought.

:attn:

Nice grab! However deals like this belong in our Cyber Deals forum. I'll PM a mod and get this moved over there :)

A good deal indeed! You must have snagged it quick, now it looks like they are all $40 and up for the gskill.

Either way, you can't afford NOT to upgrade right now!!!

I grabbed one of the G.SKILL 8GB (2x 4GB) DDR3 1333 (PC3-10666) sets myself for $29.99 from Newegg. Although I already had 6GB installed, I just couldn't resist.

But I do have a good use for it, I use virtual machines a lot, and having 3GB to lend to one makes it run almost as good as the real deal.

Early in 2010, I paid almost $100 for 4GB (2x 2GB) DDR2 Crucial RAM for my desktop. Like other computer parts, prices have been freefalling (except for the recent HDD increases). 8GB Flash drives cost what 2GB ones did in 2009.

Cat

A good deal indeed! You must have snagged it quick, now it looks like they are all $40 and up for the gskill.

Either way, you can't afford NOT to upgrade right now!!!

Not really, the 2x4gb kits have been going on sale often at $29. You just need to watch and buy when they go on sale.

I think the set I got was DDR3-1600, but typically the DDR3-1333 hovers around the $29 price. I think they just bumped up the prices to punish those who didn't shop on black friday or cyber monday. :screwy:

Good.. now someone upgrade their rig and sell me some mushkin redline 6-7-6 so I can upgrade my rig! hehe

Thread stickied. Let's keep newegg RAM deals in this thread, as it seems like we have 1 or 2 threads every single day on the subject

Saddens me it took 5 days for my ram to even ship and worst of all it's coming via USPS. Most worthless tracking I've ever bothered to use.

Ordered 12/2 shipped 12/7.

Egg saver thumbs down!

Their egg saver shipping is atrocious. It's usually DHL couriered to USPS Mail Innovations or something and can take two weeks for delivery.

Their egg saver shipping is atrocious. It's usually DHL couriered to USPS Mail Innovations or something and can take two weeks for delivery.

Yeah, our stuff (Lima, ohio) goes through Toledo now so it adds 2 days to the already painfully slow shipping. I ordered 16Gb, don't have a motherboard that takes DDR3 yet, lol

My next RAM upgrade will have to be 8GB modules or an 8-slot motherboard... I've already got 4x4GB. Anybody seen any deals on 32GB sets?

Mine took only 3 days to arrive. Newegg has several warehouses scattered across the country.

I guess it depends upon what one orders, and where it's shipped from. But the tracking service from USPS Mail Innovations suxs. When I ordered Malwarebytes from them, it took 11 days to arrive. From Georgia.

I just looked at the package that my RAM arrived in, it was shipped straight from UPS, in a UPS 3 day Select package. And it came all the way from California to North Carolina.

Like I said, it must depend upon on what one orders. Sometimes it says 3 day delivery below the price. I cannot remember what it said when I ordered my RAM. But I do know this, it does run good!

Cat

Last edited:
My next RAM upgrade will have to be 8GB modules or an 8-slot motherboard... I've already got 4x4GB. Anybody seen any deals on 32GB sets?
Prices are starting to fall on 8GB modules but they are nowhere near 4GB pricing yet. I'm waiting myself so I can run 48GB in my x48 board.
Kingston HyperX Blu 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333
$9.99 AR ($19.99 - $10 MIR)

Wow.

ONLY GOOD TODAY. Limit 5 per customer, multiple rebates allowed if mailed all in the same envelope.
Came in to post this!! Great price but i'm not a fan of rebates.

Prices are starting to fall on 8GB modules but they are nowhere near 4GB pricing yet. I'm waiting myself so I can run 48GB in my x48 board.

Came in to post this!! Great price but i'm not a fan of rebates.

Is there a new X48 that supports more than 8Gb?

I picked up CORSAIR Vengeance 12GB (3 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) at frys for $80 then a single stick of the same mem for 16gig. My X58A-UD3R will run 4 sticks in tri channel. Total I paid $100 for 16gig 4x4 sticks

Back