• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cheap DDR3 RAM

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Will x58 accept 8Gb DIMMS? Seeing the max is 24Gb I was guessing that meant 6x4Gb

Not that I know of--I warned someone earlier in this thread about that one!

All that I can think of are max of 4GB DIMM density. Even the SR2 only goes 4GB

Will x58 accept 8Gb DIMMS? Seeing the max is 24Gb I was guessing that meant 6x4Gb

Not that I know of--I warned someone earlier in this thread about that one!

All that I can think of are max of 4GB DIMM density. Even the SR2 only goes 4GB

It's official support is 24gb, but many report it works fine with 48gb as well. Either way it doesn't matter to me. I have two other machines they will work in if the x58 won't run them. http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/304996-30-asus-deluxe-48gb-confirmation and if you google, you'll see MANY reports of other x58 users running 48gb as well.

Ill be sure to post screens after they get here though, I have faith they'll work just fine. :thup: I've never paid much attention to "official supported lists" anyway. I've had many things work just fine when they weren't supposed to.

No doubt you can put in as high density sticks as you dare... Sure, it may work, but it may not.

I was only speaking from experience, since I've had issues with RAM in the past, both that which is on the QVL and not... One of those "buyer beware" things...

No doubt you can put in as high density sticks as you dare... Sure, it may work, but it may not.

I was only speaking from experience, since I've had issues with RAM in the past, both that which is on the QVL and not... One of those "buyer beware" things...

As suspected, it works fine:

Got my ram in today, random bluescreens during heavy gaming/prime95 blend, set manual timings, tried auto timings, even with a bit of added voltage i cant run blend for more than an hour. Gonna have to rma and hope it was defective ram and not a motherboard incompatibility.

As suspected, it works fine:

With Gulftown that has better IMC than Bloomfields ... Asus is related to memory issues ;) . Maybe thats why they have MemOK buttons and options in BIOS to recheck memory slots. I just wouldn't count that 24 or 48GB is going to work fine on boards that have problems with 12GB. Maybe it will work, I'm not saying that not but it's quite risky with 8GB sticks that aren't cheap ;)

With Gulftown that has better IMC than Bloomfields ... Asus is related to memory issues ;) . Maybe thats why they have MemOK buttons and options in BIOS to recheck memory slots. I just wouldn't count that 24 or 48GB is going to work fine on boards that have problems with 12GB. Maybe it will work, I'm not saying that not but it's quite risky with 8GB sticks that aren't cheap ;)

I have absolutely no idea what you are saying. This was mostly for those assuming it wouldn't even post or work at all.

Unstuck thread, I'm not clear on what the "cyber deal" is by skimming the first several and last several posts so this probably doesn't warrant a sticky any longer.

It seems like these don't come up that often anymore... I think some of these deals would be better in their own threads maybe? I know thread titles with prices make me click more. Especially that one Chad, thats a hot one.

It seems like these don't come up that often anymore... I think some of these deals would be better in their own threads maybe? I know thread titles with prices make me click more. Especially that one Chad, thats a hot one.

Yeah this thread was stickied for a while when there were deals right and left, I should've made a separate thread. Did I need some DDR3? No. Did I buy some DDR3? You betcha

Lol lot of ddr addicts around here... Seems like everyone has more sticks than they need, except for me. I hobble along with what I got for RAM, and just buy everything else in volume

Lol lot of ddr addicts around here... Seems like everyone has more sticks than they need, except for me. I hobble along with what I got for RAM, and just buy everything else in volume

I have 48gb (6x8gb) in my x58 rig that I rarely use and just sold off the 24gb (6x4gb) I took out of it. At one time I had about thirty sticks of ram laying around because when it went on sale at a really low price, I bought it. :p

As soon as the 8gb sticks drop again, I'll probably pick up another 48GB (6x8gb) to split between my server and HTPC just because. That will replace the 2x4gb in the server (only 2 slots :() and 4x4gb in the HTPC. All my machines will have 8gb sticks, including my laptop. Why? Because WHY NOT! :eek:

I have 48gb (6x8gb) in my x58 rig that I rarely use and just sold off the 24gb (6x4gb) I took out of it. At one time I had about thirty sticks of ram laying around because when it went on sale at a really low price, I bought it. :p

As soon as the 8gb sticks drop again, I'll probably pick up another 48GB (6x8gb) to split between my server and HTPC just because. That will replace the 2x4gb in the server (only 2 slots :() and 4x4gb in the HTPC. All my machines will have 8gb sticks, including my laptop. Why? Because WHY NOT! :eek:

Well it does cost alot of money would be a reason lol

Back