• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Glorious Bling: KPC F1EE Dark pot received

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Wait a second... The sides of the Dark are Al...? I shall never buy this. I understand Vince is in the business of making money and machining as much Cu out of a block as you do when making the F1EE is not profitable, but I will always pay more for a quality item. Not that Al makes this pot bad quality, it's just not what I would like to see out of what I consider the best pot manufacturer in the world... :sad:

And before I get yelled at, "The walls serve no purpose." I am well aware. ;)

F1ee Dark is solid copper, nickel plated on the outsides of the pot.
Gemini is aluminum tube with a copper insert.

The F1ee copper block runs maybe 50-80 bucks.
Don't worry, he's making a profit.

EDIT:
It's really hard to run full pot without walls.

Pulled the pot down all the way, it took 1 thermos = 2L. That is almost the same as the gemini, and it probably is almost identical really because I was using the extension with the F1EE, which means the pot was fuller, and I was probably burning off extra LN2 through the walls. So pull down time isn't a big difference, but it was probably slightly faster on the Gemini.

F1ee Dark is solid copper, nickel plated on the outsides of the pot.
Gemini is aluminum tube with a copper insert.

The F1ee copper block runs maybe 50-80 bucks.
Don't worry, he's making a profit.

EDIT:
It's really hard to run full pot without walls.

The post I read must've been about the Gemini which I won't even go into... :bang head

Thanks for the clarification, Ed.

late to the party, but that is one purty pot. Way too expensive for my amount of use at the moment, sadly.

Back