• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Planning a LiveStream tonight... Couple Questions.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Convicted1

Hey guys...

Planning to do my first Benching LiveStream tonight.

Won't be anything special, just benching on air, either 775 on 2D benches or attempting to kill the daily rig in PCM05.

Maybe a bit of both... Who knows.

Anyway... I'm trying to get everything in order for the LiveStream.

I'm gonna run up to the local Wal-Mart and pick up a Microsoft LifeCam Cinema (Wanted the Studio, but can't find locally...)

Plan to run ProCaster...

The question is regarding my network and hardware.

Currently all I've got that'll get out to the garage is WiFi... Decent Signal, but not great.

Will WiFi work alright for streaming or do I need to try to run some Cat 5 today?

Also... I plan to stream from one of my laptops, probably my Vaio with an i3-330m Processor.

Will that be enough horsepower for a decent quality stream?

Let me know what you guys think of these problems!

-David

That should all be fine. I use wifi and usually it works good. Wired was always more reliable, but thats always the case. :thup:

I'll try to be around tonight to catch your session!

You're about to lose me David... UFC finale is on... so you'd better get that stream up soon. :D

It's all good dude... I'm still trying to get things done and ready here in the garage.

Probably gonna be a late one for me.

I'll go at it on my own if everybody is busy. :)

I'm prepping an OS, and have fingers toes and nuts crossed it actually works. :) Then I'll be attempting to go all Sebas on PCM05. :)

Update this thread when you have the stream up, and I'll be sure to jump in - it's gonna be a late one for me also.

Will do... Give a link to yours so I can drop in also...

I just gotta finish cleanin' up my garage... I've still been trying to clear out some of my last hobby, and it was a freakin' wreck this week.

Then I think I'm gonna attack the PCM05 4X Score also... I think I set a new team high mark.

Supposing I kill that somehow... I guess I'll go to extreme air benching the 775 gear.

Come on guys... I'm overflowing with adrenaline right now after watching Diego break Dennis' elbow in the UCF finale. I'm ready to go!!!!!

Back