• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Beginners: How to set your 25/6/700K to 4.5Ghz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
do you leave the turbo boost on or disable it?

I disable Speedstep so turbo is off,and i set my Corelimit to 210 and i now at 4.3ghz stable and temp around 67.Changing for TIM soon,maybe my Cooler is not properly in place.I have U12P Noctua

I disable Speedstep so turbo is off,and i set my Corelimit to 210 and i now at 4.3ghz stable and temp around 67.Changing for TIM soon,maybe my Cooler is not properly in place.I have U12P Noctua

Speedstep and Turbo aren't exactly the same thing. Some boards may tie the two together but speedstep is typically <1.6Ghz <stock (ie 3.3) >|Turbo 3.8>

You may as you said want to reapply the cooler. Make sure you clean the old TIM off first.

Getting blue screens once a day now after having what I thought was a stable overclock for a couple months. Error is x0124, which I think calls for more VCORE. So, is that what I do?

My current BIOS settings are:

LLC - High
VRM Frequency - Auto
Phase Control - Extreme
Duty Control - T. Probe
CPU Current Capability - 140%
CPU Manual Voltage - 1.375v

Anything else I need to chance except going to 1.38v?

You might be able to go to a lower vcore and turn on PLL overvoltage and increase the PLL voltage a bit. Some chips need it at a low OC.

Speedstep and Turbo aren't exactly the same thing. Some boards may tie the two together but speedstep is typically <1.6Ghz <stock (ie 3.3) >|Turbo 3.8>

You may as you said want to reapply the cooler. Make sure you clean the old TIM off first.

You might be able to go to a lower vcore and turn on PLL overvoltage and increase the PLL voltage a bit. Some chips need it at a low OC.

my board ASrock extreme 3 gen 3 i think the Speedstep and turbo is together,
And how to apply the TIM?A small dot?

I've never heard of turbo and speedstep being the same setting. You can turn speedstep off and have a locked turbo frequency where it's always at your overclock speed. I've never used your board though.

A dot is fine. Spread is fine. Just make sure you pick one and do it properly and that the heatsink is on tight. The application method of choice can depend on the TIM you choose. A very thick tim I'd rather spread where as one that was very thin like Noctua I'd use a dot.

yay my board is like that,if i off speedstep the Turbo setiting is gone.And wad is Corelimit?

I put it on 210 @4.3ghz

He's absolutely correct. Some boards, in order to have multi control, need speedstep enabled.

I mentioned in your other thread, niceify, to check the TIME MFG instructions on how to spread it (their website).

Much better Intel Burn Test temps with the Corsair 400R and 6x140mm Thermaltake and 3x120mm Corsair and 1x120mm Nexus Fan installed.

I know the Thermaltake 140mm A2491 aren't highly thought of but I got all 6 on closeout for $22.50+tax. I can always replace them later if and when needed.

IBTResults2.png

I like to give a big thanks to the OP for this post!! Still pretty new to oc'ing so bare with me lol :D I just did a new build with the 2500k and this got me solid at a 4.4 with the best dam 3dmark11 scores I have ever got. My physics score kept bogging out so I figured why not oc it lol. So here I am a whole day, 17 pages later I believe 18 now. Below are my pc specs since for some reason I cant find the sig section......sad I know. Again THANK YOU VERY MUCH!! Me and My Bf3 love you lol!! :thup:

I ran IBT for 10 on very high and the temp never went above 64
Running prime as I type.....been over a hour in a half and thats the temps ect... in the picture provided. I know its just below 4.4 but thats ok when I changed it to solid it screwed my physics score, so I put it back.

Specs:
2500k @ 4.4
Cooler: Hyper 212 Plus
ASRock extreme3 gen3
460SC - v2 - (stock 867/1735/2025) clocked too: 900/1800/2025 @ 67 under load!!
8 gig 2x4 dual channel Kingston HyperX T1 1600 @ 1333 - 8.9.8.25 @ 1.52v (only way I got the physics up....was wierd)
CoolerMaster GX750 bronze
80 gig wd 7200 os drive (next upgrade.....will be 2x VelociRaptors 160 gig in raid :thup:)
Thermaltake V9 case

How do I get the pic bigger on here?? Its already 1920x1080 thx in advance!

Attachments

• Desktop_2012_03_18_21_16_22_749.jpg
    Desktop_2012_03_18_21_16_22_749.jpg
    603.5 KB · Views: 242
Last edited:
I like to give a big thanks to the OP for this post!! Still pretty new to oc'ing so bare with me lol :D I just did a new build with the 2500k and this got me solid at a 4.4 with the best dam 3dmark11 scores I have ever got. My physics score kept bogging out so I figured why not oc it lol. So here I am a whole day, 17 pages later I believe 18 now. Below are my pc specs since for some reason I cant find the sig section......sad I know. Again THANK YOU VERY MUCH!! Me and My Bf3 love you lol!! :thup:

I ran IBT for 10 on very high and the temp never went above 64
Running prime as I type.....been over a hour in a half and thats the temps ect... in the picture provided. I know its just below 4.4 but thats ok when I changed it to solid it screwed my physics score, so I put it back.

Specs:
2500k @ 4.4
Cooler: Hyper 212 Plus
ASRock extreme3 gen3
460SC - v2 - (stock 867/1735/2025) clocked too: 900/1800/2025 @ 67 under load!!
8 gig 2x4 dual channel Kingston HyperX T1 1600 @ 1333 - 8.9.8.25 @ 1.52v (only way I got the physics up....was wierd)
CoolerMaster GX750 bronze
80 gig wd 7200 os drive (next upgrade.....will be 2x VelociRaptors 160 gig in raid :thup:)
Thermaltake V9 case

How do I get the pic bigger on here?? Its already 1920x1080 thx in advance!

Yea the ocnoob, and the ppl helping are pretty cool for giving us a hand here. It can be frustrating finding the right info if you dont know where to look, or look for. Great guys to take a time out to help huh..

Try setting your VRM frequency to manual, then set it to 350. I would set the LLC the next step higher, ultra high. Let us know how that works for you.

ETA: On my duty Control mine is set to extreme, but I have no idea how that effects the big picture. I did have abit of help setting my OCing.

I did your suggested changes, and I haven't hit a bluescreen yet in 3 days now. My idle temp is around 43c. Could I possibly lower my VCORE now with these new settings? Should I run prime95 again?

I did your suggested changes, and I haven't hit a bluescreen yet in 3 days now. My idle temp is around 43c. Could I possibly lower my VCORE now with these new settings? Should I run prime95 again?

When I increased my LLC I was able to bring my vcore down alot. Lower your vcore and do your tests, IntelBurn and Prime95. Watch those temps!!

When I increased my LLC I was able to bring my vcore down alot. Lower your vcore and do your tests, IntelBurn and Prime95. Watch those temps!!

I was able to run 10 hours of prime95 and 5 runs of IBT with zero errors with the following:

LLC - High
VRM Frequency - Auto
Phase Control - Extreme
Duty Control - T. Probe
CPU Manual Voltage - 1.36v

So, I was able to move my voltage down from 1.375v to 1.36v.

However, I'm a little concerned about my temperatures. According to core temp, I hit 77c during prime95 and 82c during IBT. My room is naturally warm because it faces the east so the sun beats on it all day, so I would say my room temperature during this run was around 24c. Are these temperatures abnormal?

My use for this computer is gaming (dota2, BF3, WoW), and some scientific computing with MATLAB, Fortran, C, etc. No folding. My idle temperature is right at 41c. I figured something in the 30s was what I really want.

I'm trying to hit 5ghz on 2600k as well. Do you guys find it odd that at 4.9 @ 1.45v the temperatures are nice and cool with H100 cooler, but for some reason I still can't go above that. I know it's some miscellaneous setting. Maybe i will copy every single setting and post them..lol.

I was able to run 10 hours of prime95 and 5 runs of IBT with zero errors with the following:

LLC - High
VRM Frequency - Auto
Phase Control - Extreme
Duty Control - T. Probe
CPU Manual Voltage - 1.36v

So, I was able to move my voltage down from 1.375v to 1.36v.

However, I'm a little concerned about my temperatures. According to core temp, I hit 77c during prime95 and 82c during IBT. My room is naturally warm because it faces the east so the sun beats on it all day, so I would say my room temperature during this run was around 24c. Are these temperatures abnormal?

My use for this computer is gaming (dota2, BF3, WoW), and some scientific computing with MATLAB, Fortran, C, etc. No folding. My idle temperature is right at 41c. I figured something in the 30s was what I really want.

Try setting your LLC to Ultra High, (Extreme is the highest). Then set your VRM frequency to manual, set that to 350. See if that will help lower your vcore and temps. We have almost the same boards. Let us know how you come along.

Try setting your LLC to Ultra High, (Extreme is the highest). Then set your VRM frequency to manual, set that to 350. See if that will help lower your vcore and temps. We have almost the same boards. Let us know how you come along.

Oops, actually, I had the settings that you recommended set already.

So I was getting those temps with Ultra High LLC, VRM at 350, and VCORE at 1.36v. Should I go to Extreme LLC? Anything I need to change with PLL?

Oops, actually, I had the settings that you recommended set already.

So I was getting those temps with Ultra High LLC, VRM at 350, and VCORE at 1.36v. Should I go to Extreme LLC? Anything I need to change with PLL?
Do you have your PPL overvoltage set to enable? If you could post all your settings. I just want to compare what I have ok?

You shouldnt need PLL Override voltage enabled that low, but cant hurt to try.

I'm trying to hit 5ghz on 2600k as well. Do you guys find it odd that at 4.9 @ 1.45v the temperatures are nice and cool with H100 cooler, but for some reason I still can't go above that. I know it's some miscellaneous setting. Maybe i will copy every single setting and post them..lol.
YOU likely need to enable PLL override voltage.

(but may want to keep an eye on this thread for tips, but start your own if you have other questions :thup:)

You shouldnt need PLL Override voltage enabled that low, but cant hurt to try.

YOU likely need to enable PLL override voltage.

(but may want to keep an eye on this thread for tips, but start your own if you have other questions :thup:)

Thanks for the tip, I actually have it enabled. I appreciate the response.. Mind looking at my "HELP!" thread and following it down? it's not very long.

Thanks a bunch for posting this guide. This is my very first overclock and this thread made it much easier :D

After a few tweeks to my vcore, I was able to get a stable prime95 going at a vcore of 1.375v (Entered that in bios but CPUID says 1.33-1.34?).

CPUOC.jpg

Also managed to pass 5 attempts in the intel burn test.
Are my temps ok or should I try to aim for a lower vcore?

Thanks

Back