• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Beginners: How to set your 25/6/700K to 4.5Ghz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I cannot see 3rd party hosted images at the office, sorry. Assuming you registered properly (clicked on the link in your email), you should be able to host pictures at the site...

OCFinsertimages.png

Oh im sorry.

Should be fixed now.

As said i have already disabled CPU Eist and CPU Enhanced Halt(C1E)

Attachments

• gbKzkbF.png
    gbKzkbF.png
    77 KB · Views: 575
They are set to Auto, which is not disabled, in the screenshot. I am curious, why are you looking for that specific sleep state to disable? Disabling the C1E, C3/C6, should disable sleep states from the bios...

They are set to Auto, which is not disabled, in the screenshot. I am curious, why are you looking for that specific sleep state to disable? Disabling the C1E, C3/C6, should disable sleep states from the bios...

Well i took the picture from elsewhere, and i'm currently on another pc. So on my pc they are disabled :)

Also the OP states that you should disable C1 and C5 and the Eist?
Sorry i'm not so Bios sawy :p

I should charge you for the effort it takes me to delete your post as he already did repost the image... :p

Kidding of course... as always, thank you for that. It helps me help people. :)

Kidding of course... as always, thank you for that. It helps me help people. :)

Well that sounds good, cuz my pc is just hanging a the bios menu if i boot normally now :p

I can get in the bios tho, should i just lower the ratio? Or up the LLC?

Lazdaa, i would create your own thread at this point... this is seemingly a bit more involved than just sleep states... :)

But to give a quick answer, since I can't see what your settings are, I really have no idea where to start except from scratch (reset bios).

Hi, there. I'm soon going to buy a cooler and do my first overclock, so I just like to be safe and ask you guys about a couple of things. Today I went to the BIOS just to check if I could find all the options written on the tutorial. My voltage values for CPU and RAM are correct? Also, about disabling C5, C1 and Speedstep, I could find C1E, C3, C6 and Speedstep. Some posts above mine suggest to disable C3, C6 and Speedstep, but I just want to be sure I should do that with my hardware.

EDIT:Also, I'm seeing different values for Load Line Calibration from the OP. Could someone explain what is the difference?

I have a i7 2600k and a P8Z68-V PRO/Gen 3 motherboard.

140415003742.png

140415003826.png

Thanks for the help!

Last edited:
...brief and to the point!...it's appreciated!

...my buddy has been a member for years and I can see why! Google, Bing, Yahoo and the rest of them are absolutely useless, I asked this question on all those rigged search engines, here is the question...Vertex 4 120GB in RAID 0 TRIM...no matter how I rephrased the question all I got was everything but the answer!?!?!? :mad: I'm not the only one in the world who owns Vertex 4 ssd, rigged as all hell and I'm not the only one who sees what is going on, it's extremely annoying!...I'm here to stay, I get straight answers here and that is how it should be! This site is better than all the rest...I've been around and nothing compares to Overclockers. Sorry about the ranting but I just had to let it out. My system was already clocked but I turned off all the stuff mentioned and it made a difference, I have my core voltage at 1.3 and that seems to be the sweet spot!...Thanks for the tips, hope I have a few of my own at some point. :cheers:

I'm at a mild 4.2ghz oc'ed at 1.25v stable with max temp of 61 celsius using prime95. I might mess with the bios and go for 4.5.

Hello everybody, first time posting here, not the first time trying to overclock my 2500k. Before, I had tried the

" Easy overclocking guide for Intel Sandy Bridge and Ivy Bridge CPUs " but all I got was that after few weeks I started bsoding (0x00000101 - vcore?) so I resetted the cmos and let it rest for a while.

Right now I've applied this guide except for:

x44 instead of 45
I haven't disabled C1E/C3/C6

Right now I'm going through 4 Blend cycles, do you see anything wrong going on with core voltage, temps and the likes? Heatsink is 212 Evo, it should hold.

Attachments

• temp.png
    temp.png
    33.2 KB · Views: 305
Lots of vCore droop there, can you turn up the LLC on your motherboard?

Lots of vCore droop there, can you turn up the LLC on your motherboard?

Thanks for replying. Like I said LLC is at 50%, should I step up gradually before getting to the max? What's a good vdroop threshold? In real life applications (cpu pushed during gaming/emulation vs idle) these are the voltages my cpu seems to like

pushhh.png

hardware.png

Good vDroop is none. Turn LLC up until you don't droop in P95 any more.

Back