• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Beginners: How to set your 25/6/700K to 4.5Ghz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
100% LLC, 9-9-9-27 for the ram set at 1.65v (Kingston Hyper-X KHX1600C9D3K2/8G, check if right but I think so ).

xtreme.png

Alright, go back to the 75% setting. That overshot the voltage.
Have you tried 45X?

Blend has been running for ten mins now. x45, LLC 75%, ram like I described in the post before, rest of settings as follows current setting.jpg current2.png

Now you have two options:
- Push your multi up until it won't run P95
- Drop your vCore until it won't run P95

Option 1 is wide open, full speed ahead. Option 2 is a nice OC, but cooler and quieter than option 1.

By "won't run" you mean "bsod", right?
I'm leaning towards dropping the vcore, because quite frankly I have no use for anything above 4.5. By how much should I start dropping?

BSOD, dropping workers, or just freezing.
Just drop one notch in the BIOS at a time. If you don't have notches, try dropping 0.01V at a time.

So that could be the reason my voltage shot up with LLC at 100%? Is 1.352v that bad for a vcore at 4.5?

Your vcore has no effect on your RAM voltage, and vice versa.

LLC @ 100% usually puts the voltage above what is input in the bios. The whole idea of LLC is to prevent voltage drops. You want the same value in the bios as in Windows, and you don't want that value jumping around wildly.
1.352 is fine for 4.5 and is pretty reasonable for that chip.

Hey guys, new here and trying to give my 3570k a shot at Overclocking. Several years late but better late than never?

I tried following the guide but ran into some issues, ended up with this:
3326fe5c8428f53be2b0335a2941b6e2.png

Here are images of bios in chronological order. I bumped it up +0.020V, but it looks like it was bumped far more?

Also I was wondering why is RAM needed to be custom input if it is not being overclocked? It automatically puts it on 1.58 for me, while it is 1.50 itself.

http://imgur.com/a/7FlNh BIOS album

And here it is on UEFI defaults without being OCed:
40dd671f030cac38825d11cc5e5bf4fa.png

Last edited:
For 4.2GHz overclock you should be able to do that with stock Vcore. Don't go by what you see in Bios for Total votage value under load, use HWmonitor.

For 4.2GHz overclock you should be able to do that with stock Vcore. Don't go by what you see in Bios for Total votage value under load, use HWmonitor.
I did go with the HWmonitor voltage and not Bios unless I'm somewhere mistaken?

Hey guys, new here and trying to give my 3570k a shot at Overclocking. Several years late but better late than never?

I tried following the guide but ran into some issues, ended up with this:
View attachment 183324

Here are images of bios in chronological order. I bumped it up +0.020V, but it looks like it was bumped far more?

Also I was wondering why is RAM needed to be custom input if it is not being overclocked? It automatically puts it on 1.58 for me, while it is 1.50 itself.

http://imgur.com/a/7FlNh BIOS album

And here it is on UEFI defaults without being OCed:
View attachment 183326

Are you using XMP for ram, also how is it stress testing with Pime95? Everything looks fine in your Pictures.

Both of those pictures were taking during Prime95 stress test, no issue so far.

DRAM frequency and reference clock are on Auto Pic but I set the 9/9/9/24 clocks Pic2 so I am guessing no XMP profile.

Lowered voltage in Bios from +0.020 to +0.010 and it works okay as well:
4ded29cc8baf6dda7601ffd910f03c2c.png

I did run into some BIOS errors earlier today when I put it on 4.50Ghz and voltage on +0.060, then down to 0.040, so instead I put it on 4.2Ghz with +0.010 which seems stable atm.

Do I need to change anything with RAM settings?

And what was bugging me is that by adding +0.020V in BIOS, HWMonitor showed +0.080V increase. I should stay around 1.25V to be safe?

Last edited:
You don't need to change anything with ram to overclock the CPU I just set mine to XMP. The safe limit for vcore is 1.44v 24/7 and the temp 90c

Back