• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Prolimatech Genesis Heatsink Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I recently bought it and use for AMD Llano system (A6 3650 and Asus FM1 A75-V Pro). at first I'm using the AMD retention kit that came along within the box. And the result are pretty scary though, with proc speed at default, room temp around 25C +-2C and using Noctua NT-H1 as paste it shown 47C during idle and load up to 70C. I thought it is from the paste which I applied in wrong way. But when I check it again it is spread and stick well on both side. it kinda confuse me. Till an Idea came, I replace the kit with the Prolimatech old retention kit for AMD which is the ARM-01. at first I'm not sure it will fit well but after some mins everrything work well. The result from the testing was quite different. it is now idle at 33C +-2C and load at around 40's (not yet checking it in right way). In the end the problem I think came from the 4 plastic ring that stick on the mounting plate. when I tighten the screw it feels like not strong enough but when I try to tighten it, it already tight enough. I'm not dare to tighten it more since I'm afraid to broke the plastic. well it is my experience with this cooling. it actually perform awesome when seated in right way. especially it also cool down the memory area :)

Back