• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED SATA 3 Cable and SATA 2 Cable

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bloodsside14

Hi, I want to ask if there is a difference between the two cables when i use in my ssd and hdd. Because i have ssd that 6gbps sata 3 and also my hdd is sata 3 and also my motherboard support sata 3 6gbps. Now i don't know if my SATA 2 Cable will support if i insert it to SATA 3 on my board? or do i really need SATA 3 Cable to work it on my board.

Nope- a SATA cable is a SATA cable, although some may be made better than others, there's only one standard which works for SATA I, II and III.

^ +1

Calling a SATA cable a 'SATA III' cable is just a bunch of marketing crap so people buy more cables.

^ +1

Calling a SATA cable a 'SATA III' cable is just a bunch of marketing crap so people buy more cables.

or so they spend more money on this so called sata iii cable vs a normal sata cable.

bet you the so called sata iii cable is priced significantly higher than a regular sata cable.

Maximum pc did a test on a bunch of sata cables a few weeks ago. The conclusion was that it was really all the exact same thing. Speed differences were so minor that it does not matter.

+1 to all

Okay, thank's y'all for the great comment now i know that nothing to worry with the SATA cables if the difference is not much.

Back