• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Samsung 2x4GB DDR3-1600 Memory Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
maybe i missed something, in your review you show 1.5v needed for stock speed/timings. however newegg shows 1.35v needed for stock speed/timings. running 1.6 or 1.65v for a short period of time is not going to hurt the ram. it is nice to see budget ram kicking *** agian for price/gb and for its ocing ability.

maybe i missed something, in your review you show 1.5v needed for stock speed/timings. however newegg shows 1.35v needed for stock speed/timings. running 1.6 or 1.65v for a short period of time is not going to hurt the ram. it is nice to see budget ram kicking *** agian for price/gb and for its ocing ability.
Stock can be 1.5v or 1.35v. I currently have it running 24/7 crunching Rosetta at stock speed and timing with 1.35v. Sorry for the confusion.

yea if sammy specc'd it for 1.35v that would explain how they clock so well. it has been a while since i have seen sammy make good IC's for ocing.

thanks for the review on them, should have said that before. got caught up in the specs and make sure i was looking at the right ram on newegg. work computer blocks redirects. :X

You can read what is on the IC's in a picture in the article.. at least in the featured image on the front page you can clearly read the numbers... is that what you are looking for?

You can read what is on the IC's in a picture in the article.. at least in the featured image on the front page you can clearly read the numbers... is that what you are looking for?

I had a picture of the IC in the review but it was removed during the editing process it seems.

but here it is.

DRAM module.jpg

@MattNo5ss
Can you put this in your very first post. since it will then be visible under the article on the frontpage?

These remind me of the old BH-5 budget ram days. I hope they live up to it for sure.

@Mattno5ss
Can you put this in your very first post. since it will then be visible under the article on the frontpage?

It only shows a link to the attachment ID number in the article comments. I can insert the full pic into the article if you want. However, I did mention what the link is in the edit to my post.

Here's how to decipher Samsung's IC model number. May or may not be useful :rolleyes:

untitled.PNG

Last edited:
yea if sammy specc'd it for 1.35v that would explain how they clock so well. it has been a while since i have seen sammy make good IC's for ocing.

thanks for the review on them, should have said that before. got caught up in the specs and make sure i was looking at the right ram on newegg. work computer blocks redirects. :X

accorind to the JEDEC specs from CPUz these are actually rated for 1.28v @1600mhz.

voltages.JPG

I am unfortunately unable to test and see if they work since 1.3v is as low as my bios goes on DRAM voltages. they did post @ 1.3v for stock speeds but I didn't test since there is no point really on undervolting your ram.

yea most of the pics i looked at in the article were to small for me to make anything out. as in the resolution was to small and some of the numbers ect were fuzzy in the image.
accorind to the JEDEC specs from CPUz these are actually rated for 1.28v @1600mhz.

View attachment 102450

I am unfortunately unable to test and see if they work since 1.3v is as low as my bios goes on DRAM voltages. they did post @ 1.3v for stock speeds but I didn't test since there is no point really on undervolting your ram.

good to know, thanks!

I can't find these for sale in the UK, searched the model number, all I get is US results.

So any idea if you can get these ICs consistently? I want to make this a Christmas present to myself. ;) It's basically free assuming I can sell what I have for close to what I paid, or put my memory in a new server box or something.

I do not know if you will get these ICs. but since this is Samsung Ram and Samsung IC's I think you are likely to get the same. If you do end up buying let me know if you got the same ICs.

if newegg pics do hold true i found my gem! as far as the IC goes they are the same but seem to have different location manufacturing, im guessing by the difference in the top and lower numbers/letters. the main thing is the K4B section, now the interesting part the pic i posted is from SO-DIMMs at the same stock speed/[email protected]. while it isnt that big of a deal since you cant oc laptops, it is good for smaller boards. that still have some ocing features but use so-dimms.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820147090

Attachments

• sammysodimmddr3.1600.jpg
    sammysodimmddr3.1600.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 79
Back