• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Samsung 2x4GB DDR3-1600 Memory Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Nice RAM! That's a 50% OC :shock:

EDIT: Full, featured image below as requested by bmwbaxter. - MattNo5ss 12/15/11

DRAM module.jpg

Last edited:
For sure! Any budging on the timings at all? At any speed?

Oh, I just fixed a font issue in the AIDA paragraph that I missed :D

The overclocked speed was tightened down from 11-11-11-28 to 9-9-9-24. @ 1600 it tightened down to 7-8-7-20.

Overclocked was 2000mhz for daily use. But the 2400mhz was benchable at 2400mhz 11-11-11-28. I didn't tighten the timings more because it required 1.6volts. Didn't want to push more without better cooling.

Does it have a product name/number? All I can find when I google "samsung green" is what looks like the company's corporate responsibility jargon page.

Does it have a product name/number? All I can find when I google "samsung green" is what looks like the company's corporate responsibility jargon page.

at the end of my review I posted the price with a link from newegg

this is the link

if you want a newegg.com link I can look it up for you.

with a kit at this price that clocks like that you can't go wrong. :thup:

EDIT:

here is a newegg.com link

i have dozens and dozens of these kits lying around in my repair shop. i never understood why we bought crap RAM, but from the looks of it they are amazing :D!

issues i have found with them however is a lot of boards just don't like to POST with them. a lot of the DDR3 boards that come through my computer repair shop don't accept these sticks!

i don't know why.. :shrug: however if you get a board that does, it looks like they are a great buy!

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but these appear to be the best dual channel price/performance and just pure performance on the market?
:screwy: :shrug: :eek: :thup: :drool: :bday:

they are definitely up there. they may not be the absolute best performing ram but they overclock amazingly and are way cheaper then most of the other kits on the market.

issues i have found with them however is a lot of boards just don't like to POST with them. a lot of the DDR3 boards that come through my computer repair shop don't accept these sticks!

i don't know why.. :shrug: however if you get a board that does, it looks like they are a great buy!

have you tried upping the voltage to 1.5V? it worked fine in my test setup @ both 1.35v and 1.5V with no issue at all.

yeah, more voltage didn't improve the results at all on some boards. four or five boards have come through that don't like them period!

That makes me want to snag a pair and sell what I have, but I can't tell if you just got a lucky set or not.

Back