• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whats this little guy?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

two_dope2000

I have a sparkle 300 Watt PSU and theres a little plug that doesnt plug into anything, it looks likt ehalf of the AT plug that goes into the motherboard on older PSU's. Anyone know whats this is for? heres a link its the plug right next to the ATX plug to motherboard. here

no, i know what the P4 plug looks like, it looks like a section of the ATX plug itself. in talkin about the wide narrow one,.

I have one of those on my Enhance 300W...I thought it was a P4 plug???:confused: I have no idea....

The 6pin one? It is refered to as the Auxilary power connector. Some motherboards use it, not just P4s. Don't ask me why, I did not design it. The P4 connector is 4pins in a square arrangement, not in a row.

Correct, the 4 pin connector is part of the new Intel psu specs. It supplies 12 volts (plus grounds) closer to the location that needs it.
The six pin connector is for the same purpose, but intended for server boards, as the ATX form factor is becoming more popular in rackmount applications. It's basically doing what Hoot's 5 volt mod is, only this time they integrated it into the motherboard. The pins it plugs into are usually right next to the power mosfets.

Back