• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Gigabyte GA-X79-UD7 Motherboard Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

boardsocket-300x225.png

Tick...tock, tick...tock goes the Intel clock. With another 'tock' comes another CPU chipset that everyone wants to get their hands on. In that light, Gigabyte has provided us with their high-end motherboard for their enthusiast class chipset to put through its paces, the GA-X79-UD7. In past incarnations, this board had a good reputation for overclocking well. Let us take a look and see if this board can keep on pushing CPU's to their limits!

... Return to article to continue reading.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice review and it looks like a great board.

You said you used the on board buttons to overclock, was it easier than software overclocking?

As far as the buttons go, It was easier than software, yes....and they work quite well.

After going sort of cold (terrible SS that barely kept it sub zero at idle) I was able to push through that 5Ghz wall and sit at 5.2Ghz. It needs more cold!!

As far as the buttons go, It was easier than software, yes....and they work quite well.

After going sort of cold (terrible SS that barely kept it sub zero at idle) I was able to push through that 5Ghz wall and sit at 5.2Ghz. It needs more cold!!

I haven't had a chance to read the review fully but can you utilize those buttons with the OS booted?

Yep. That is the point of those buttons. They do not work in the bios I wouldnt imagine (havent tried).

My favorite X79 mobo by far. Too bad they are all already sold. These were made in extremely limited numbers from what I understand.

The LLC / vdroop is perfect on this board from what I have found. setting 1.45 in bios nets a 1.45 v load under load and idle

Last edited:
It will definitely do 2 x 16x & 1 x 8x (that equals the available 40 lanes), but in what configuration I'm not sure.

Back