Yet another H80 vs. H100 (600T case) question

I currently have the H100 (exhaust) config in my 600t case. The radiator is in the case, and the 2 fans sit outside the case on top. There, is no room for a push/pull config. I have an option to exchange, the H100 for a H80 (which will be setup in push/pull), and will be mounted in my exhaust fan spot in the back of the case.

My question is, do u think i will get better temps/performance with the H80 push/pull, vs H100 2 fan exhaust?

Thanks in advanced!

Premium Member #5

Author Profile Benching Profile Heatware Profile Rosetta Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalpirate View Post
    I currently have the H100 (exhaust) config in my 600t case. The radiator is in the case, and the 2 fans sit outside the case on top. There, is no room for a push/pull config. I have an option to exchange, the H100 for a H80 (which will be setup in push/pull), and will be mounted in my exhaust fan spot in the back of the case.

My question is, do u think i will get better temps/performance with the H80 push/pull, vs H100 2 fan exhaust?

Thanks in advanced!

You will get better temps with your current setup. simple as that
    SSD > PCMark 05
    freeagent - Torture is watching all these 2600k's kicking my rig in the mosfets

wow! Now that's what i call a speedy reply.. thanks so much for your input. I was weary about the current performance just because the way the 600t fits the H100 the fans sit on top of the radiator in a pull cong, rather then under pushing air thru it. But i had to hear it from a pro. thanks again

Premium Member #5

Author Profile Benching Profile Heatware Profile Rosetta Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalpirate View Post
    wow! Now that's what i call a speedy reply.. thanks so much for your input. I was weary about the current performance just because the way the 600t fits the H100 the fans sit on top of the radiator in a pull cong, rather then under pushing air thru it. But i had to hear it from a pro. thanks again
    you have the same number of fans as an h80 in push/pull but have twice the surface area in your rad. so even if you are moving 75% of the air you are still out cooling the h80. also I like my fans in a pull config since it allows me to clean the rad easier since the dust basically only gets stuck on the side that it is drawn in on. this means i don't have to take my fans off to clean.

once again stick around and you will learn much much more
    SSD > PCMark 05
    freeagent - Torture is watching all these 2600k's kicking my rig in the mosfets

Heatware Profile
    http://hothardware.com/Reviews/Liqui...H100-Reviewed/

To reinforce what bmwbaxter told you: the H100 beats the H80 every time in their testing.
    Project Experimental Murmur (full specs in here)
    4670k, Asus Z87, XSPC Raystorm
    EVGA GTX 660ti - MCW82
    EVGA GTX 750ti SC
    DDC3.2 w/XSPC res-top and MCR320

Yup, H100 rocks dude. I replaced my case to go to something which could handle it.
    CPU & HSF: AMD FX-8120 & Noctua NH-D14
    Mobo: Asus M5A97-EVO
    RAM: 16GB (4Gx4) DDR3 2133 G.Skill RipjawZ F3-17000CL11Q-16GBZL
    Storage: 1x 120GB OCZ Vertex II SSD, 1x 250GB Samsung 830 SSD, 1x 1.5TB Samsung Silencer Series HDD
    GFX: 4GB Gigabyte ATI R9 270X OC Edition + Yamakasi Catleap Q270 SE 27" IPS LED LCD
    Teamspeak Audio: SMSL SD-793II DAC, Sennheiser CX270 Earbuds + BM800 Condenser Microphone
    Amp/Speakers: SMSL SA-50 T-Amp, Polk Audio TSi500 Bookshelf Speakers
    Case & Lighting: Silverstone Temjin TJ04-E w/ Side Window + Red CCFL's
    PSU: 550W Antec EarthWatts Platinum