1-4 pixel white line on sides of screen - Win7 SP1 HTPC - Samsung PN51D8000

When I play DVDs within Windows Media Center, I sometimes get a single pixel white line on the left side of the screen when running in screen fit mode. I can adjust the screen via TV controls to slide one pixel left and it's gone but it comes back when I restart WMC. Doesn't seem like this should be occurring when running default settings and I don't want to sacrifice PQ by stretching to 16:9.

When I play full screen media files in WMC, I get white 4 pixel wide vertical borders on the side.

If I play the same file using Windows Media Player, get black 4 pixel wide vertical borders on the side.

This is the same for the handful of widscreen content files I played.

Running fully updated Win7 32-bit SP 1 and a GeForce GT 240 running the latest drivers from nvidia's site on a Samsung PN51D8000 via HDMI at 1920x1080.

I have a trial version of Cyberlink PowerDVD installed for viewing DVDs.

I installed DIVX to support mvk viewing.

If I watch DVDs or BluRay using the Cyberlink PowerDVD app outside of Windows Media Center, it displays fine(no 1 pixel borders).

Anyone else run into this issue?

somegeek
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Premium Member #18 txus.palacios's Avatar
    Have you thought about going the XBMC way?
    I think I had one or two good links about XBMC bookmarked.
    Maximus V Gene | i5-2500k @ 4.5GHz (ekHF) | 16GiB | GTX470 SLI @ 800MHz (ekFC) | m4 128GB | Arch + Win8
    [ more info... ]

The only sound I want to hear out of my computer (unless I'm gaming or watching a movie) is the hum of my 6000 rpm fan pushing air through my heatsink. - Seebs
    If I turn up dead, somebody make sure they put "should have just benched in the cold" on my tombstone, along with my most recent superpi32m score. - I.M.O.G.
    I didn't go water-cooling for an air-cooling Vcore!! - bluezero5
    I'll rm -rf /yourface/* - thideras