• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1-4 pixel white line on sides of screen - Win7 SP1 HTPC - Samsung PN51D8000

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

somegeek

When I play DVDs within Windows Media Center, I sometimes get a single pixel white line on the left side of the screen when running in screen fit mode. I can adjust the screen via TV controls to slide one pixel left and it's gone but it comes back when I restart WMC. Doesn't seem like this should be occurring when running default settings and I don't want to sacrifice PQ by stretching to 16:9.

When I play full screen media files in WMC, I get white 4 pixel wide vertical borders on the side.

If I play the same file using Windows Media Player, get black 4 pixel wide vertical borders on the side.

This is the same for the handful of widscreen content files I played.

Running fully updated Win7 32-bit SP 1 and a GeForce GT 240 running the latest drivers from nvidia's site on a Samsung PN51D8000 via HDMI at 1920x1080.

I have a trial version of Cyberlink PowerDVD installed for viewing DVDs.

I installed DIVX to support mvk viewing.

If I watch DVDs or BluRay using the Cyberlink PowerDVD app outside of Windows Media Center, it displays fine(no 1 pixel borders).

Anyone else run into this issue?

somegeek

Attachments

• edge_line 003.jpg
    edge_line 003.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 177
Back