• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE AMD Radeon HD 7970 Graphics Card Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yes indeed. I was busy torturing it over the holiday but I'll give that a try this week!

I thought v.7 was for nvidia only...is that a new beta?

EDIT - Downloading now. We'll see!

EDIT II - Didn't work, post here.

Last edited:
hokie....u lucky......Congrats on a stellar review temp record and all the hard and dedicated work you have done to cover this card.......Im getting my hands on one of these babies within the next 48hrs anybody got a water block for these??? I have a spare loop setup Id luv to toss one under...ideal? I checked the usual suspects no luck yet.....frzcpu....sw...jab...dazm....if you know of a preorder or anything pm pliz :)

Yea, I'm not eligible unfortunately.
The best candidates are those who have been folding for a while and have experience with this forum, F@h clients, FahCores, WUs, Servers, etc. Thus we will check your user history. Those who participate regularly in this forum either by asking questions or helping others tend to get priority over those who rarely post, simply because it shows your willingness to be an active member within the F@h Community. If you just joined this forum and/or have very few posts, your request post should distinguish you as to why you would be a good addition to the Beta Team. Please note that if you don't plan to stick with it, we would prefer that you do not join. If this is your first visit to our forum, you are not eligible for membership to the Beta Team.
(Emphasis mine.) I spent many an hour there back in the day but it was always for searching for answers. We had our own folding forum to actually ask and answer the questions. I used to fold extensively for the abit folding team (RIP abit) and had 1.75million points when points were much harder to get than today. Currently, however, it seems I'm not eligible to be a beta tester. Sorry to disappoint. Hopefully they'll bring 7.1.42 to a public beta sometime soon.

I can't seem to find a solid answer, but am I correct in thinking all initial launch 7970 are based on the reference design? I plan on water cooling a pair so I just want to make sure before picking them up on monday.

I can't seem to find a solid answer, but am I correct in thinking all initial launch 7970 are based on the reference design? I plan on water cooling a pair so I just want to make sure before picking them up on monday.

Most likely, yes. Just look for the AMD logo screen printed on the PCB at the PCIe x16 connector.

I'm sorry it seemed that way. NVIDIA had the king of the kill for a long time. AMD took that crown back with gusto, that's all. :thup:

Back