• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tweaks-The Definitive Guide

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ahem...18...need to be 21.....but its cool, not like i havent been to the porcelain bowl a few times anways... ;) man im such an alchy sometimes lol.

Updated by @md0cer
10/19/05

Enjoy everyone! Links are fixed. Thanks so much @md0cer.

Matt

Hey everyone, I updated some of the links to newer stuff, added some newer links, and fixed the broken old ones.

If anyone sees anything that would fit well in this sticky, please post it so it can be added! Thanks. :)

On a lot of systems nowadays people are using upwards of 512MB or RAM, if you are there’s a desirable option that can now be turned off to access more overall system performance.
This is Virtual memory, you see when Windows runs out of RAM it is forced to use Virtual memory which utilises your Hardrive’s temporary file as RAM, this is much slower than RAM and is not desirable. If you have 512MB of RAM or over then Virtual Memory can be disabled and system speed increases will result.
Really?? I thought disabling the paging file was a bad thing.

Back