• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Why no Livestreams lately?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Convicted1

Hey guys!

Curious whats up with the lack of LiveStreams lately?

Nobody doin' any benchin? Everybody too busy with the holidays?

Lets get some stuff fired up!

I would do it myself... But nobody wants to watch boring old air benching.

I've told you that I'll hang with you... Just set it up and I'll gladly keep you company while you do the boring stuff... :D

I've told you that I'll hang with you... Just set it up and I'll gladly keep you company while you do the boring stuff... :D

Guess I may have too if this thread doesn't get any of the other guys motivated!

I may go ahead and fire something up tonight... I've got the REX I got from Miah that needs to be tested after I looked it over and fixed a few bent RAM Pins...

Lets see if anybody else can be coaxed to go Live first though.

Yep...

Miah sent one along with the RAM I won in the E6400 SPi2M showdown with GoD_tattoo...

Said it had a bad memory channel, but when I was lookin' at the board, I found a few bent pins, so I'm tentitively hoping that it's fixed now that those pins are back in place.

The early livestreams were all air benching, just FYI.

We'll totally watch :D

I am picking up Ln2 tomorrow. Going to be taking my 8150 cold again. I will livestream it but I don't have any idea of a time. Also I am just trying to hit 7500 MHz.

Yep...

Miah sent one along with the RAM I won in the E6400 SPi2M showdown with GoD_tattoo...

Said it had a bad memory channel, but when I was lookin' at the board, I found a few bent pins, so I'm tentitively hoping that it's fixed now that those pins are back in place.

You lucky SOB... I bet you the damn thing works fine after fixing the bent pins and you end up with a free REX.

You lucky SOB... I bet you the damn thing works fine after fixing the bent pins and you end up with a free REX.

Well... IF thats the case I fully intend to PM Miah and ask him if he either wants it back, or wants some cash for it.

I wouldn't feel comfortable with keeping it after such a simple fix. :)

AND...

I'm cleanin' some stuff up here in the garage, then I'll probably go Live.

No idea WHAT I'll be doing... But ya'll can watch me tinker with stuff I guess. LOL

Be a good excuse to try out the new network setup and see if I can stream better than last time.

I know what we can do...

Slap that 5870 on the rig and see if we can better your PCM05 score with it. :D

Nah... Daily rig isn't benchable right now... Don't feel like tearin' it all down tonight.

I AM however looking for another P67 or Z68 MoBo so I can take the MIVE-Z out of my daily rig and put it on a Dismatech.

Then if I can get Benny to sell one of his 58x chips... We'll be ready. :)

Anyway... Goin' live in just a few.

Maybe ya'll can help me figure out how to get a few more clocks out of this E6400. I have a hard time believing I've maxed it out already. I'm too much of a noob to have gotten every last bit out of it I think.

Well...

We tried out the board I got from Miah... No POST whatsoever. So I'll have to play with it again later.

He did say it was for parts though... So no major disappointment there.

BUT... Then Sebas and Kow talked me into insulating my REX.

They both say I'm far to meticulous and anal.

Here's a few pics of my eraser job. Looked a bunch better before I started test fitting the neoprene and the pot itself, but eh well.

Need to pick up some Shamwows and LN2... Then I should be ready to bench cold!

5cbfe672.jpg

189e35c1.jpg

Last edited:
BUT... Then Sebas and Kow talked me into insulating my REX.

They both say I'm far to meticulous and anal.
Hah...looking at those pics, I'd say they're right!

I'll livestream if I ever get time to bench (and an updated BIOS for the 7970).

Will definitely livestream taking the 3960X cold for the first time (on an F1 Dark!), but that must come after the holidays.

Back