• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Does Anyone Know What Happened to the NZXT Sentry Mix?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BigTerminator

So I'm in the market for a fan controller and I look through all the brands and was fairly displeased. Either they didn't have 6 channels, were too expensive or just had terrible looks and/or reviews.

After hours of searching I stumble across the NZXT Sentry Mix and fell in love at first sight. Reviews were all positive, it looked great, 6 x 50 watt channels, has sliders, LED's, etc.

They are no where to be found. It is a fairly new product with most of its reviews happening around August. Does anyone know where I can get my hands on one and why they apparently have left the face of the Earth. If I can't get my hands on this fan controller then I will just settle with the NZXT Sentry Mesh but I don't want to do that :)

I don't know what happened to them... The Sentry Mesh isn't bad though. You would need a ton of fans to actually need that many 50W channels considering you can connect multiple fans to a channel.

Have you looked at some of Lamptron's controllers?

FC9 - Sliders, LEDs, 4x50W channels
FC8 - Knobs, LEDs, 8x30W channels
Touch - Touch Screen LCD, RPM/C/F/voltage readings, 6x30W channels
FC5V2 - Knobs, LCD color options, RPM/C/F/voltage readings, 4x30W channels

Trust me I've looked at all options. My budget is $30 max. So it looks like I will be getting the Sentry Mesh unless if these things pop up suddenly.

Question regarding channel wattage. I will be fan splitting with this controller. I'm wondering if the 30 watt channel can power 4 200mm cooler master megaflow fans on just one channel? Reason is 5 channels isn't that much and they all spin at the same rate and it would make it a lot easier on myself rather than having to change each single one.

I tried searching around and couldn't find the NZXT Mix anywhere either...

Those fans are rated at 0.16A (0.28A max), so 4 x 0.28A = 1.12A. Then, 12V * 1.12A = 13.44W max for four of those fans. I'm guessing "max" means start-up amperage.

I bought the NZXT Sentry Mesh! Last question can you plug in a fan splitter into a fan splitter? Meaning, chaining the fan splitters to fit more than say two fans on a channel because the fan splitters I have only split to two fans. If you can, which I'm sure you can, would the power be distributed unequally?

Back