• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BF3 and EA are terrible

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Are you behind a router? What kind of network adapter are you using? Do you have some piece of hardware that might make this game malfunction for you while it functions properly for hundreds of thousands of other users?
You know how many people have the same issue? Probably thousands. It's not like a handful of people have something in their system/network that screws the game up. A LOT of people are being disconnected regularly. This is an issue that EA/Dice need to fix.
There's even a Facebook group! Haha
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Disconnected-from-EA-online/224468910954038

I am trying to launch the game from the exe, but it forwards me to the "Origin" program and then says the "application not found" thing. It works from the battlelog menu, but that's STUPID.

A LOT of people are being disconnected regularly.

Then logic might dictate that these people have something in common that other problem-free people don't share? Wouldn't it?

Maybe like an ISP issue similar to what WoW had ? Where ISP's that leased bandwidth from certain backbones got HUUUUGE lag in wow during 2010-2011 and caused thousands of canceled subscriptions?

Maybe an issue with ports? Network drivers? Maybe a million other reasons?

EA have really botched up in New Zealand (maybe elsewhere) but a lot of copies of the BF:3 - Limited Edition came with only standard keys, so no Back to Karkand and Origin only shows the standard edition icon.

What does EA have to say for help? Go back to where you bought it as it's not our problem.

However I, out of 5 of my friends, was lucky enough to get a Limited Edition key so I never had those problems.

It's really disappointing to have spent $90NZD for the limited edition and only having to get back stabbed and be stuck with a standard edition :(

Thanks EA!

But when it comes to playing, I've only had a few connection problems and generally Battlelog works fine for me.

I have a Motorola sbg900 cable modem. From that I have. 10/100 5 port switch that my computer is plugged into. I confirmed with my isp (comcast) that they don't block ports. Not sure how to really troubleshoot the internet stuff as I have limited control over it. My end is uncomplicated...no routers or hardware firewalls...

Gotcha, just making sure. I use Chrome and have no problems. Have you tried being plugged directly into the modem?

I also do not have one issue with BF3.

I use IE10, 7 X64 Ultimate......I play almost everyday for several rounds without issue.

I have changed MB, CPU, GFX card, all using the same HD with the same OS.

This is the longest I've gone without haveing to reload my OS.

I didn't figure it to be the OS either and I was right. Windows 7 has proven to be one of the best editions yet.

So it still is crashing and Ea tech support isn't even responding to me anymore. -_-

For the disconnects that's on EA's side. It's EA's backend. This has been an issue since BC2. It happens to everyone and is very random as well.

Game runs great. I have not really has any problems on the client side. Now running servers that's an entirely different story. That's where my headaches come in. It has gotten better.

Now running servers that's an entirely different story. That's where my headaches come in. It has gotten better.

Seemingly...Last night i was able to play through half a dozen maps without a problem. In the end, i got tge same old "game disconnected: something went wrong error" but it was a while before it actually happened. Today i had some luck but it was back to its okd ways. It seems like it may in fact be EA that is to blame.

I actually called tech support and spoke to what sounded like a 15 year old techie and he told me my probkem was the first case he had heard of....go figure.

Anyway, three calls to EA and still no acknowlegement of a real problem and no xolution either.

Back