• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What's a good gaming mouse? (2012 edition)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I absolutely love my Logitech G700

I give a partial vote for the G700, as I use it on my desktop. The thing I don't like about it is the Logitech software....

At this point, I'm leaning more and more to razer products, as you don't need the software installed after you configure the mouse. Nothing needs to run in the background, and they work well. The frustration stems more from the G110 keyboard than the mouse itself, tbh, but I really like that Razer's products have a minimal impact on what's running on your system.

currently using a g700, upgrade from Cyborgs rat7, bought for the extra buttons, great playing fps with my belkinn n52te, use my g110 for games that require typing.

Still using first-gen Death Adder. The scroll button (not the scrolling part) kinda bonky - have to press it a certain way for it to register. Other than it works great!

Changed the configuration a bit and works a lot better in BF3 after watching some youtube videos.

Still using first-gen Death Adder. The scroll button (not the scrolling part) kinda bonky - have to press it a certain way for it to register. Other than it works great!

Changed the configuration a bit and works a lot better in BF3 after watching some youtube videos.

The newer deathadders are still the best mice in production. I'd just get a new one. They go on sale for 40ish all the time.

Seeing as people are talking longevity. I have a MX500, and I love it. Never ever had a problem. I LOVE it's ergonomics for my hand. I have another logitech with a mouse wheel that spins freely, and I use it to surf the net. I think I'd hate it for gaming, as I don't like it that much for just the net!

you cant buy mx500s anymore viper.
518s replaced them and g400s replaced 518s

you cant buy mx500s anymore viper.
518s replaced them and g400s replaced 518s

I know you can't haha...But I love this mouse. I should have bought 3.

The G400 seems to be an updated version of mine. Though I haven't compared the specs

I just use the default Windows XP Mouse, it has all I need and left click, right click and a scroll

Second on the g500, I love the thing. Only part I never understood is it has supposedly 10 buttons? I guess I should really follow the RTFM moto my uncle has... (Read The F****ng Manual)

Second on the g500, I love the thing. Only part I never understood is it has supposedly 10 buttons? I guess I should really follow the RTFM moto my uncle has... (Read The F****ng Manual)

Ron,

How do you like your WD Cav Black drive? Was thinking of getting one..same size

Ron,

How do you like your WD Cav Black drive? Was thinking of getting one..same size

It seems pretty nice to me, I really don't have any problems with it and it was a good price at the time I bought it so I imagine it's even cheaper now. I had a WD Cav green 500GB so switching to Cav Black showed a great speed boast in loading games.

It seems pretty nice to me, I really don't have any problems with it and it was a good price at the time I bought it so I imagine it's even cheaper now. I had a WD Cav green 500GB so switching to Cav Black showed a great speed boast in loading games.

Thanks!

I have rather large hands and the mouse fits perfectly in my palm. Also one of the most responsive mice I have ever used and the on-the-fly dpi adjustment rocks.

Best for YOU you MEANT. I've tried it, I hated the ergonomics, my MX500 has far superior ergonomics for ME.

And vastly superior tracking, it is the deathadder's peer. One of the very few mice that can claim that.

Had a Razer mouse for a week before it and man those things are garbage.

Fault razer, I encourage you to. But the Deathadder is an exception to their usual quality level.

Back