• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

For those interested in BD stats for Rosetta

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Backed down to 4.0Ghz @ 1.30V, with some other voltage drops currently ~240w system draw. Uninstalled M$ Bulldozer patch. Summer approaching and the power bill to keep an I on.

As of 2:45 CST, 4/22/12, you are 100 points ahead of me in RAC (4620 to 4520).

But I did manage to surpass Dead2's beastly 1055T and I once again have the baddest single-die, non-Opteron hex-core on the entire Rosetta project, and the SECOND-baddest single-die, non-Opteron AMD proc on the entire Rosetta project... behind Psyko's Bulldozer!

I should probably concede right now. You've been in the lead for over a week. It is obvious that your Bulldozer can out-work my Thuban at 4.3 vs. 4.0. I guess the question that I really want answered is this: How do these two chips stack up clock for clock? How does a Bulldozer @ 4.0 do against a Thuban @ 4.0? I think we should leave everything at 4.0 and see how they match up. For science!

You still earned the gift card, however. Where do you want it? Newegg? Amazon? You name it, you earned it.

Of course, this isn't just about raw processor speed; RAM speed, HT speed and NB speed are all a factor. My 4.0 overclock might not be ideal. Your's might be perfect. Who knows? There are too many permutations to test in a casual contest. With all that said, let's see what your Bulldozer can do against my Phenom II when both are clocked to 4.0.

What do you say?

Double or nothing?

:D:attn::cool::beer::comp:

Actually I've been at 4.1Ghz for several days now, 4.0Ghz for ~1day, was only at 4.3ghz for a couple. I think at 4.0Ghz your Thuban would win. Due to some very serious complications at my end I have to close the contest, with no declared winner as the deadline was not met.

Back