• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

For those interested in BD stats for Rosetta

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I decided to switch projects for the time being to see what a modest overclock on BD can really do in R@H. Currently producing ~5000 credits/day (RAC still climbing) @ ~240Watts with all parts in sig + router (monitor off). Link to stats.

New link to 8120 (VMWare Ubuntu).

Last edited:
Speaking of Rac Baditude, that bulldozer is kinda kicking you rigs mosfets right now. Time for an upgrade?

Speaking of Rac Baditude, that bulldozer is kinda kicking you rigs mosfets right now. Time for an upgrade?

Hehe, this rig is just sporting a lowly i5-760, which is more than good enough for everything I've thrown at it, except topping 3K in RAC for Rosie. :(
One day I might either OC the hell out of this thing, or grab a mITX mobo that can handle a serious Hex Core. Lord knows this Heatsink could handle it easily.

Clock speed 4.12Ghz (201x20.5), stock voltage.

edit: Thanks for the stats link xrror.

Last edited:
Upon seeing the RAC of this 1055T, I've moved the FX8120 to VMWare->Linux.

edit: The first units granted credit in VMWare->Ubuntu looked promising, however some of the units granted credit were very low comparatively=back to Windows.

Last edited:
Thanks baditude_df and Tbrooks, I'm gunnin for Wayward_Son's 1090T. :attn:

Whoa, whoa, whoa. I just saw this.

My 1090T happens to be the second-highest RAC AMD non-Opteron hex (trailing about 200 points behind a factory freak 1055T) on the entire Rosetta project.

Challenge accepted! :cool:

EDIT: I see that you've moved your Bulldozer to a different project. We sure could use it here on Rosetta. Keep us posted on its performance.

Last edited:
EDIT: I see that you've moved your Bulldozer to a different project. We sure could use it here on Rosetta. Keep us posted its performance.

It is on Rosetta, had a slight mishap. All good now, game on :p.

Your 1090T
My FX8120

Last edited:
It is on Rosetta, had a slight mishap. All good now, game on :p.

Your 1090T
My FX8120

Nice!

I just might bump up my overclock a little bit. I've been running @ 3.9 for about a year (my sig clock is a max 12-hour Prime95 setup that Boinc didn't like).

I have a challenge: Highest RAC two months from this post (midnight, 6-3-12) owes the winner a $20 gift card to the winner's choice of online retailers.

To be fair, I know we have all had issues with Rosetta and work units. I certainly had a terror of a time during the last contest. This contest shall be null and void should either entrant (Psykoikonov, Wayward_Son) experience any kind of chronic work unit problems. This contest shall also be null and void (in the spirit of good sportsmanshhip) if either entrant experiences any sort of hardware failure and/or a lifestyle-altering event (IE job less, sickness/death of loved one, zombie apocalypse, etc.) beyond their control which causes either entrant to shut down one or more computers that would hamper their ability in this contest.

What do you say? Challenge issued.

Nice!

I just might bump up my overclock a little bit. I've been running @ 3.9 for about a year (my sig clock is a max 12-hour Prime95 setup that Boinc didn't like).

I have a challenge: Highest RAC two months from this post (midnight, 6-3-12) owes the winner a $20 gift card to the winner's choice of online retailers.

To be fair, I know we have all had issues with Rosetta and work units. I certainly had a terror of a time during the last contest. This contest shall be null and void should either entrant (Psykoikonov, Wayward_Son) experience any kind of chronic work unit problems. This contest shall also be null and void (in the spirit of good sportsmanshhip) if either entrant experiences any sort of hardware failure and/or a lifestyle-altering event (IE job less, sickness/death of loved one, zombie apocalypse, etc.) beyond their control which causes either entrant to shut down one or more computers that would hamper their ability in this contest.

What do you say? Challenge issued.

Challenge accepted, for the race against the 1090T vs. the FX8120 for RAC in R@H in 2 months time (June 8).

I hate to quibble over a date. Two months (eight weeks) from now should be 6-3-12, but if you'd like to mark it 6-8-12 then I'm down.

6-8-12 it is. Highest RAC at midnight of 6-8-12 wins.

GAME ON!!

:comp:

EDIT: Just so that we all understand, this is not highest overall entrant RAC, but rather highest RAC of your 8120 and my 1090T. This contest concerns only host ID 1507057 (your 8120) and host ID 1405080 (my 1090T).

Oh, and an update I thought about at work. I propose we call this contest at 12:00 EST. That way you can be checking at 9:00 your time and I can be checking at 11:00 my time.

Back