• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Power Supply Mod

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
All you need is a short piece of wire.
Shut off the power supply, unplug the mobo power connector, place the stripped end of the wire into the green wire crimp on the mobo connector. Place the other stripped end into any of the black wire crimps.
Turn the psu back on, and it'll come right on.

I do not have a green wire this must be an old ps or something.
The colors I have are a single white, a single grey, many red, many black,a single orange, a single purple, a single yellow, and a single red. Does anyone know which one I should pick. Maybe I'll just experiment.

Wow, I just tried it out and it works. That's too cool Diggrr. Is it ok to touch that wire, or not.

Thanks Stool, I didn't have a pic handy, and I've been rerouting the wiring to my tv for the last couple of hours.

Hey CyberMouse45, I don't know if you can touch the wire or not. I've never tried...once you've been thrown by a resistence welder (and live), you pretty much respect all power. I'd guess though that if the wire were connected to the green and not the black, or you touched the case at the same time with the power on, you'd know.;)

Back