Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    10 Year Badge
    Author Profile Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile

Convicted1 Benching s775 E6400 Live Tonight

Overclockers Benching Team member<a href="http://www.overclockers.com/forums/member.php?u=119503" target="_blank">convicted1</a>(<a href="http://hwbot.org/user/convicted1/" target="_blank">HWBot profile</a>) will be benching live tonight, January 3rd at about 7PM CST<b>!</b>

Tune in to<a href="http://www.overclockers.com/overclockers-live" target="_blank">Overclockers Live!</a>at 7:00pm CST tonight for some overclocking with liquid nitrogen (LN2). Here's the low-down:<ul><li><b>Mobo: </b>Rampage Extreme</li><li><b>CPU:</b>Intel E6400</li><li><b>RAM:</b>D9GTR's</li><li><b>GPU:</b>Radeon HD 587... ... Return to article to continue reading.

Premium Member #2

Benching Profile Heatware Profile
    I'm back with 25 liters of LN2...

Gonna grab a bite to eat, then finish up getting ready... Then it'll be live at a little before 7!
    xXSebaSXx: "Fan reviews are easy. Spin up to full speed, stick finger into spinning blades. If blades break and finger remains the fan is no good; if the other way around happens then fan is a keeper."

Bobnova: "I went squeeeeee like a teenager with the new muave Pokemon when I saw that foam..."

I.M.O.G.: "CPU and GPU are at -10C, and there's water everywhere. Meh, windows updates are slightly less boring when done underwater."

My Heat My HWBOT

Premium Member #2

Still no go on Miah's D9's...

So I guess I'll have to use my not so great ones.

I can't get the REX to post with his D9GTRs.

Anybody got any ideas?

They are Team Xtreem 1866 @ 8-8-8-24 @ 1.9V

Mine are Crucial Ballistix 1600 @ 8-8-8-24 @ 1.8V

The Crucial RAM is D9GTR also... and posts fine.

But the 1866 Team Xtreems won't POST.

Input?
    xXSebaSXx: "Fan reviews are easy. Spin up to full speed, stick finger into spinning blades. If blades break and finger remains the fan is no good; if the other way around happens then fan is a keeper."

Bobnova: "I went squeeeeee like a teenager with the new muave Pokemon when I saw that foam..."

I.M.O.G.: "CPU and GPU are at -10C, and there's water everywhere. Meh, windows updates are slightly less boring when done underwater."

My Heat My HWBOT

Benching Team Member
    did u try to post with blastics sticks...set voltage in BIOS for the team xtreem sticks (i.e 1.9v+)..f10/save...shut down put team xtreem sticks in
    Want to join the OCF Benchmarking Team? Click Here to find out how

[HEATWARE:

Benching Team Leader

Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile Rosetta Profile
    I have some team extreme D9 sticks. After I clear cmos I have to swap in a different stick of memory, then boot and set vdimm up, then shutdown and swap the memory. Sometimes I can boot with one stick of the team stuff, and do the same thing.

Benching Team Leader
    Grabbed Senior
    I have to do the same with my rampage formula with my D9s, I have to manually set the voltage using different sticks.
    Haswell Benching and Gaming: ASRock Z87 OC Formula : Intel i7 4770k w/ Phanteks PH-TC14 : 8GB 2x4GB G.Skill TridentX DDR3-2666 : MSI, XFX, and Sapphire R9 290X
    Other Components: Samsung 840 Evo 500GB SSD : 2TB Hitachi : Silverstone Strider Gold 1250W and Seasonic Platinum 1000W : Auria EQ276W 2560x1440

Folding User Stats

Premium Member #2

Well... All in all a pretty successful evening. More than doubled my personal points totals... Took some second place HW cups... Improved the Team Scores for E6400 considerably... Bumped myself to #24 on the team!

You all be the judge though.

WPrime1024: http://hwbot.org/submission/2237657_

WPrime32: http://hwbot.org/submission/2237656_

SPi32M: http://hwbot.org/submission/2237655_

SPi1M: http://hwbot.org/submission/2237654_

PiFast: http://hwbot.org/submission/2237649_

CPU-Z: We obviously went faster... but I must have forgot the screenshot. http://hwbot.org/submission/2237646_

UCBench 2011: http://hwbot.org/submission/2237643_

My Heat My HWBOT

10 Year Badge
    Great work tonight - those are major points to pull down from a single session!

2nd place in all 2D tests except CPUz and sp32m - thats awesome! (and I expect you'll be fixing those scores when you get the chance)
    The OC Forums Way
    We are a team. We are a community. We are a fellowship made strong by mutual respect and shared dedication to the task of enriching all who come here.
    The OC Forums Thank You Thread
    Put your computer to work for our OC Forum Teams!
    Try out our POST TEMPLATES, they save you time answering common questions!

I spend half my money on CPUs, GPUs, and Liquid Nitrogen. The other half I waste.

Premium Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by I.M.O.G. View Post
    (and I expect you'll be fixing those scores when you get the chance)
    Thanks... I appreciate all the guys who stopped in to help. Couldn't have pulled it off without ya'll.

Especially Sebas... That guy is a big help.

And yes... Those are the thorns in my side for today... And I'll be fixing those ASAP.

My Heat My HWBOT

5up3r m0d3r4t0r
    Overclockers.com Editor

Author Profile Benching Profile Heatware Profile
    I knew that chip had more in it, just needed some LN2

Great job
    i7 4770K | ASRock Z87M OC Formula | 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3-1600 8-8-8-24 1.35v | EVGA GTX780 SC ACX | ASUS Xonar Essence STX | 256GB OCZ Vertex 4 | SeaSonic X750
    Pentium G3258 | ASUS Z87I-Deluxe | 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3-1600 8-8-8-24 1.35v | 5x2TB RAIDZ | Corsair CX430

My Overclockers.com Articles | HWBot Profile | Heatware (101-0-0)

Projects: Copper-Framed, MDF Station | PVC-Framed, MDF Station | Custom Cascade Cart/Case | Untitled TJ07 Build

Benching Team Leader
    Grabbed Senior
    wow amazing job. Really makes you realize what is possible when you have a REX available to you!
    Haswell Benching and Gaming: ASRock Z87 OC Formula : Intel i7 4770k w/ Phanteks PH-TC14 : 8GB 2x4GB G.Skill TridentX DDR3-2666 : MSI, XFX, and Sapphire R9 290X
    Other Components: Samsung 840 Evo 500GB SSD : 2TB Hitachi : Silverstone Strider Gold 1250W and Seasonic Platinum 1000W : Auria EQ276W 2560x1440

Folding User Stats

Aha, did you manage to pull higher than 605 FSB after I left?

10 Year Badge
    I believe he got to 612 at one point, via vcore and NB voltage increases. (as well as everything else he kept increasing on whim)

We aren't sure what happened with the CPUz captures, for some reason his higher validations didn't save, or were lost.
    The OC Forums Way
    We are a team. We are a community. We are a fellowship made strong by mutual respect and shared dedication to the task of enriching all who come here.

I spend half my money on CPUs, GPUs, and Liquid Nitrogen. The other half I waste.

Benching Team Leader
    Grabbed Senior
    Using F7 to validate?

Folding User Stats

10 Year Badge
    Yes, he was mashing it. Maybe it was more unstable than it seemed, I'm not sure what happened there - we all thought we had the valids.
    The OC Forums Way

Benching Team Leader
    Grabbed Senior
    Yeah I always made sure to get valids at every single notch on setfsb to be safe

Folding User Stats

10 Year Badge
    That's what he was doing. Which makes it more confusing. It was 4AM however (my time at least), and he was low on LN2 when doing it... So maybe a silly mistake was made? Could have been hitting F8 or F6 by accident, not sure. haha
    The OC Forums Way

Premium Member #2

LOL... Yeah... It was getting late.

I actually noticed once I finally got inside that I also had the shakes from low blood sugar cause I forgot to eat my dinner... Being diabetic is a pain... So the chances that I was making some kind of simple mistake are actually pretty decent.

Gonna take the evening off, figure out a new plan of attack... Then probably hit up the LN2 store for another benching session.

Just trying to decide if I want to try to get just a bit more out of that chip, or try one of the other untested 6400's I've got. I think that chip will be a pretty tough act to follow though, so maybe it's time to forget about E6400 and move onto something else.

My Heat My HWBOT

Benching Team Leader
    Grabbed Senior
    If you don't know the rest are really solid chips it can be a bit of a crap shoot that another e6400 would do better to which you would waste LN2 testing for their top speeds (and thus the insulation time, etc). If you have another model of CPU I would give it a shot, but make sure to pre-test it so you know where to start versus starting from scratch with a chip.

Folding User Stats

Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile
    That is a great E6400. Glad it had more in it.

i7 3930K @ 4.5 GHZ
    2X XFX Double D Black Edition 7970's
    Crucial M4-256gb boot drive, 4x 1TB WD Caviar Black
    Antec HCP-1000 Platinum
    24gb G-Skill 1600
    PSU Buying Guide Core 2 Overclocking Guide Miah's i3,i5,i7 O/C Guide Classified Rules

My HWBOT My Heat

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast