• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Asus Crosshair formula IV O.C advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ToRpEdA667

Registered
Hi there i have recently purchased A formula IV and i clocked it quite high but my temperature reading for CPU are quite high i think can anyone take a look and see if it safe ;)
Peace :attn: :attn: :attn:

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    276 KB · Views: 57
as you can see temp got to 72c and that is only 15 min into stress test

In Wprime on 32m the score was 10.385 s when i had it clocked to 3.8ghz and about 2200 on HT and NB it was 11.010 is that a big difference >??

Definitely too high! You want to try to keep your temps below 50C if possible for 24hr OC. I try to keep at or below 52C, and you want to try to never go over 60C for any extended amount of time. As a side note, I am also currently running the same cpu/motherboard that you are

yeah i took the voltage for CPU from auto to witch set it to 1.46 to 1.37 and the temp drop down when down on the clock to over 3.9 ghz and temps went wright down. idle temp now 42 c didn't stress it yet l

Yeah AUTO voltages for the CPUv, and the CPU-NBv is a bad idea. The BIOS will scale it to levels it does need to be at.

Back